San Francisco Perl Mongers Message Board › Riverbed seeking Software Engineer, SF or Davis, CA (Full Time)
|A former member||
Like designing and building networking tools?
Excited about testing systems and ensuring product releases?
Ready to work on something big?
We’ve got the job for you.
Click http://recruit.trovix.... to apply
You’ll be working on serious software that over 75 of the 100 biggest global companies put in the core of their networks. You’ll be surrounded by experts in the field, but be empowered to forge your own path.
We’re a fun group that feels more “Web 2.0” than “Big Company.” You can run Mac OS, Windows, or Linux with double monitors and your favorite ergo keyboard – we don’t care, as long as it fits your style.
Become a member of the Cascade Shark
(http://www.riverbed.c.... ) team. The candidate will be responsible for the design development of key parts of a distributed network monitoring platform.
Software Engineer Full-time –Davis or San Francisco, CA
• Write client-server code for a scalable distributed monitoring system.
• Create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
• Develop code to parse and analyze network protocols.
• Release product on time and ensure successful shipping of projects.
• Design and implement views that display key network performance metrics.
• Bachelor’s degree in CS/CE/EE/Math/Physics or related fields and four years software engineer experience; or
• Master’s degree in CS/CE/EE/Math/Physics or related fields and two years of software engineering experience
• Proven programming using one of the following: C/C # or C /C++.(strong OO skills preferred)
• Demonstrable understanding of high-performance code development strategies
• Strong knowledge of network protocols
• Must have worked on at least one complex software engineering project in the past
• Strong knowledge of Unix operating system concepts and development environment
• Have excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills
• Can approach complex problem-solving and troubleshooting tasks with creativity
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and methodologies
• Solid attention to detail and analysis skills
• Experience with developing portable code
CACE Technologies is considered a leader in the network analysis industry. We are known around the world as the company behind Wireshark, the industry standard network protocol analyzer. CACE Technologies is now part of the Riverbed Technology (NASDAQ: RVBD).
We feature an attractive compensation package including salary, stock options, employee stock purchase program, 401(k) matching, and comprehensive benefits. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer, M/F/D/V.