San Francisco Perl Mongers Message Board › Wanted - Website Engineer - Perl

Wanted - Website Engineer - Perl

A former member
Post #: 8
I am leading the search for a Website Reliability Engineer for oDesk located in Menlo Park, CA. I have included a brief description of the position and company below. If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity or learning more please reply to jnekton@odesk.com with a formatted copy of your resume and I will follow up with you to discuss.

I look forward to speaking with you.

James

jnekton@odesk.com

oDesk is home to hundreds of thousands of service providers in over 100 countries and more than 75,000 employers that have come to hire, manage, and pay their online workteam. More work is done on oDesk than on any other online work marketplace. With over 2X growth in each of the past three years, oDesk was recently added to the Inc. 500 list of fastest growing private companies and selected as the People's Choice winner at TechCrunch50.

We have raised $29 million from top-tier VCs including Benchmark, Sigma, Globespan and DAG Ventures. Every day, thousands of people in over 100 countries earn their living through the oDesk platform, working for companies around the world. More than $7 million passes through our system every month, and we plan to double again this year. Our mission is to change how the world works.

Website Reliability Engineer – Online Marketplace

If you wish to utilize both your web engineering and system administration knowledge then oDesk is the place for you. In this multifaceted role you will be responsible for the stability and performance of the largest marketplace for online work on the planet. Your thorough understanding of LAMP technologies combined with your ability to wear many engineering hats in support of a mission critical production environment will be crucial to your success. A strong working knowledge of Linux /Apache systems will be required as will prowess with scripting, Perl, PHP or Python.

Based in our Menlo Park, CA headquarters you will enjoy a wide variety of engineering responsibilities including: the development and administration of monitoring tools, network management systems and automation systems. You will also be entrusted to diagnose and troubleshoot Linux and applications issues, and ensure the reliability and performance of our global marketplace and production environment. This challenging role will take your Linux administration experience, crisis management, troubleshooting and web engineering acumen for production systems and applications to the next level.