December 11, 2012 · 9:00 AM
SFPCN is a job and career transitions group whose primary mission is to create a forum where professionals can support professionals in finding purposeful, fulfilling and appropriately paying work.
We recruit expert speakers, share best practices and resources, network, and foster a community of accountability and care. As we continue to improve our effectiveness, we are increasing our emphasis on building relationships with those in the hiring space.
This Tuesday In our Ask The Experts session, we will assemble a panel of recruiters and hiring professionals to engage in a conversation with our community. They will share their insight on recruiting, selecting and hiring talent into the workplace. The panelists will discuss how professional decision makers engage in the business of recruiting including selecting, interviewing, and hiring the best candidates.
Ask The Experts panelists will offer members:
• brief remarks on themselves, their role, and company;
• tips, tactics, and tools for the on-boarding process;
• best practices for job seekers; and,
• a Q & A with the audience.
Job seekers will learn:
• what experts consider to be the best sources for great candidates;
• about the weight given to candidate resumes;
• which questions are typically asked of job seekers during interviews;
• how to get an interview; and,
• some Do’s and Don’ts for their job searches.
This is a chance to jump start your job search in 2013! See you on Tuesday.
We begin networking at 9:00 a.m. and the program begins at 9:30 a.m. sharp and will run 1.5 hours. We finish the program by 11 a.m.
$1.00 donation requested.
Mass Transit / Parking
Please note that Valencia Gardens' parking is restricted to its residents. Parking within its lot by non-residents will result in your vehicle being towed at your own expense.
The 16th & Mission Street BART stop is two blocks from our location, while the Market & Church Street MUNI stop is four blocks away. Inexpensive parking can be found at the Hoff Street Garage, 42 Hoff Street, San Francisco.