Hi! Want to play softball? Tired of rushed league games that are only 1hr long and have all these rules that don't make it feel fun? Can't find 19 other friends that want to play? Tired of people flaking out?
Well look no further! We're seeking friendly men and women that are interested in playing a game of softball somewhere in San Francisco.
Our games are for fun (while being competitive) and we include people of all different skill levels.
We're all here to have fun!
We know that there are a lot of meetups where people RSVP yes but don't show and then things don't work out as planned, but our members' attendance record speaks for itself, people in this group RSVP to play.
People that RSVP and decided NOT to show up or cancel last minute are not welcomed in the group.
We keep track of attendance and remove people that are not committed to showing up.
How we play: (besides the standard rules)
1. No Balls and Strikes. (Although we do change this from time to time)
2. Alternate Runner's Home Plate to the outside of the standard Home Plate. All plays to home are forced outs. Defense uses standard Home Plate.
3. If a woman hits a ball that drops/goes to the outfield, all runs advance 1 base safely. Only infielders may throw them out, unless it's a rover. Outfielders may play anywhere they like.
4. Catcher calls foul balls. (Although folks in the right position can help make the call, be a good sport!)
5. All disputes settled by the Organizer
Here are some additional details:
The game itself lasts around two hours. We do 9 innings or 7, it usually depends how the game is going.
We'll RSVP fields so that the field is ours. Game that we RSVP the field for we split the cost for RSVPing. Cost is usually $4 dollars. Most leagues are $80 dollars for about 8-10 games, lasting no more than 1 hour. You can do math.
We'll do social things often after the game. While some folks are here to play ball, there are plenty of us that are social and outgoing!
We put money back into the group. We're not here to make money. We'll only charge when we RSVP the field. All profits have gone back for buying items for the group. We have bought a group bat, bases and we use new balls.
We have friendly players of all skill levels. Join us and see for yourself!