May 19, 2013 · 2:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Once we have a decent-sized group, let's meet in person and talk about our interests and goals for our own gardens and the neighborhood(s) around us. We can meet at Madge and Craig's house for first one, and then maybe hosting can be rotated between other homes and/or garden-y locations.
Here's a stab at a more specific "agenda" for our first meeting. We're not too adamantly organized but thought it'd be good to have some sort of loose structure.
Who you are; Garden triumphs/struggles/plans; Garden challenges
- Tour of Madge & Craig's garden + tips for gardening in fog [what we've done, still need to do, what went right and what went wrong]
- Seed swap/ plant swap
To bring [optional]
- Envelopes for seeds you've swapped
- Seeds and/seedlings to swap
- Favorite garden magazines or catalogs
- Garden book or website recommendations
- Snacks to share
- $1 (one dollar) to help reimburse for the monthly Meetup fee
We'll provide refreshments and some snacks too :)
PS: We have two cats (in case anyone has allergies) but one will stay indoors/upstairs and we'll mostly be hanging out in our yard/downstairs.