TASTE Tea House in Hayes Valley is hosting a series of educational and social tea meetups on Friday nights at the Tea House. Learn about the various benefits of tea and stay afterwards to meet fellow tea beginners and enthusiasts. Note: first meetup on 07/19/13 is donation based - 100% of donations will be given to the American Cancer Society.
Each meetup includes:
- a guest speaker on the topic and Q&A.
- teas for you to taste related to the talk.
- an opportunity to socialize and meet!
See below for individual meetup descriptions.
Physical Health Benefits Meetup on 07/19/13, 8pm - 10pm
*This meetup is completely donation based. 100% of donations will be given to the American Cancer Society.*
Taste is fortunate to have Shannon Campbell from Taeping Tea to share his passion about the health benefits of tea. Come by and you'll learn about:
- the main health benefits of tea
- the different health benefits from the major kinds of teas (Green,
White, Yellow, Oolong, Black and Pu-erh tea)
- polyphenals, amino acids, alkaloids, and minerals
- the truth about caffeine
- other interesting health facts that will never make you look at your
cup of tea the same way
About Shannon Campbell
Shannon Campbell is a tea entrepreneur and founder of Taeping Tea, which provides Taiwanese and Chinese varietals, as well as mid-grade to premium leaves to customers online. He focuses on offering a consummate tea-purchasing experience to fellow tea aficionados. At Taeping Tea, he works closely with customers to select the appropriate liquid to steep the leaves, aromatic balance, and rich flavor to satisfy their refined palate.