San Francisco Trail Runners Message Board › Seeking weekend training partner

Seeking weekend training partner

A former member
Post #: 4
Hello fellow trail runners!

I'm looking for like-minded female training partners to hike-run at an *slow, easy* pace on the trails on Saturday mornings (my long runs). I'm increasing my mileage for the first time, so a slow pace is healthy for me. Training partners would be great for inspiration and for safety out in the woods.

About me: Trail runner who runs: for wellness, to enjoy nature, takes fuel breaks regularly, and hikes up hills. My Redwood trail race time was 2:39 for a 20k trail run, 1720 ft. elevation gain. I'm preparing for a 30k Sequoia trail run at Miller-Redwood parks on Aug 28, and the Golden Hills marathon on Oct. 8.

What: 6-20 miles. Run-hike for part or all of the distance. I would be happy to train with others even for just part of the distance!

When: Start 8 or 9 am Saturday mornings. (Bring a friend if you wish. My husband will be running as well, but at a faster pace and on the 30k route.)

Where: Beautiful Miller/Redwood routes, Oakland and other EB parks

Required: Water bottles and fuel

I also run shorter distances in the mornings during the week, mostly in Berkeley, and on Sundays.

Please message me directly via meetup (not on this board), or forward this message to anyone who may be interested. Thanks!

Cheers, Rosanna