The Camanche/Pardee hiking area is a real surprise if you haven't hiked it yet. It's green this time of year with more vegation than I realized, interesting historical sites and lots of wildlife. Last hike I did I saw a huge turkey, a coyote and several deer, all on the same hike!
This week our hike will start at the Cooks Mesa Trailhead. Check out this site for more info http://mc2ct.org/trail-status-maps/camanchepardee-segment/. It will be an in and out hike so that we can be back at the trailhead by noon or before. It follows the shores of Lake Camanche so even with the lake low we will see glimpses.
• Distance: 4-6 miles approximately
• Hike Time: 2.5-3 hours
• Difficulty: easy
• Terrain: This has some hills with views of Lake Comanche.
• Exposure: 50/50 sun/shade
• Restrooms: chemical toilets at trailhead and one a mile in.
• Fees: There is a $2.50 (bring exact change)trail use fee. I have a annual pass that allows me to bring 3 additional people.
• Bring: Water, hat, sunscreen, trekking poles if you use them and a snack if you want.
• Trailhead: We will meet at Robinson's Feed in Lodi at 8:15am and at Cooks Mesa Trailhead at 9am.
• Directions to Trailhead: Hwy 12 E, Left on Burson Rd, Right on Camanche Parkway, stay left at 'Y', watch for trailhead on left.
Please plan to be early so you don't miss us. Note: the trailheads in this area can be challenging to find so leave yourself extra time if not familiar with area.
• Please update your RSVP no later than 7:30am on Thursday morning if you NEED TO CANCEL, so we are not waiting for people who aren't coming.
Looking forward to hiking with you all.