In this session, we want to focus on practicing the basic 3-point lighting technique (key, fill and back light).
Depending on the lighting condition, we will consider using sunlight, reflector, flashes as the light sources.
Goal of this practice:
1. Understand the 3-point lighting technique
2. We must have proper exposure, rim light on hair/shoulder and catchlights in the eyes
3. Learn to see the light and adapt to the rapid changing lighting condition of the late afternoon/evening
4. Participant is strongly encouraged to explain the goal of his/her setup for certain shot while others can help as assistants and provide suggestions to help him/her achieve the look he/she is looking for.
5. Participants should post the un-edited photos (no lightroom/photoshop) afterward for others to see and learn from the good, the bad and the ugly.
General Rules/Format of this meetup:
What to Bring:
Please bring your cameras and any flash/ hot shoes, etc that you have.
For anyone that doesnt have this type we are a pretty good about sharing for you to learn, we only require that you respect each others equipment and treat it as your own.
Time and Location:
we will shoot in the green area, park in the blue
--Location Downtown sunnyvale, caltrain
-- The practice window will be from 5:30pm till 7:00pm.
-- Please arrive early if possible, we will start walking to the shooting location EXACTLY at 5:30pm to maximize the time we have.