This session will be a continuation of Session 3. We want to continue practicing the basic 3-point lighting technique (key, fill and back light) but in a different location. Depending on the lighting condition, we will consider using sunlight, reflector, flashes as the light sources.
Goal of this practice:
1. Understand the 3-point lighting technique
2. We must have proper exposure, rim light on hair/shoulder and catchlights in the eyes
3. Learn to see the light and adapt to the rapid changing lighting condition of the late afternoon/evening
4. Participant is REQUIRED to explain the goal of his/her setup for certain shot while others can help as assistants and provide suggestions to help him/her achieve the look he/she is looking for.
5. Participants MUST post the un-edited photos (or the least edited version) afterward for others to see and learn from the good, the bad and the ugly. If you decide to enhance/process the photos, you are more than welcome to upload the edited version as well.
General Rules/Format of this meetup:
Please check out the revised/updated rules/format of the practice meetup at
Time and Location:
-- The practice window will be from 6:00pm till 8:00pm.
-- Please arrive early if possible, we will start walking to the shooting location EXACTLY at 6:00pm to maximize the time we have.
-- We MUST get out of the parking lot by 8:00 PM. -
- We will meet at the parking lot of the Baylands Park in Sunnyvale Note: There will be a $5 parking fee. However, one of the members told us that the parking attendant leaves at 5pm so we might not have to pay for the parking fee. The choice is yours.