San Antonio Libertarians Message Board › The Bexar Buzz Society

The Bexar Buzz Society

Gil R.
user 14376433
Group Organizer
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 98
Below is a piece I wrote for the most recent newsletter talking about recognition for people who work to spread libertarian ideas more widely. In 2012, we had twenty people who were recognized. The essay below discusses the recognition levels and requests suggestions about their names. Everyone who visits this site is encouraged to share their thoughts. The recognition levels are are cumulative over time so that whatever members do in 2013 is added to their efforts in 2012.

Discussion meetings are fun. There we have good conversation in friendly
setting. However, in the wider world our message is misunderstand, derided,
doubted or not even heard. Taking the libertarian message to others is important
and the Bexar County LP wants to recognize those efforts. To that end we formed
"The Bexar Buzzers Society" for members who do direct outreach to the
community.

The philosophy of the Bexar Buzzers Society is 'you can always take
it to the next level.' To facilitate this approach we set our recognition levels
so there is always another mountain a really dedicated volunteer can climb. We
had a lively exchange at our last discussion meeting to finalize all this but
there was a tie vote for which two names for our recognition levels was
preferred. I would humbly like to solicit your input on which labels best describe our volunteers. The different levels are
listed below. All input is welcome and can addressed to me at
vicechair@lpbexar.org or better still can be posted on Facebook or the
discussion board at meetup.com/San Antonio Libertarian Group

Hours The Jedi The Bexars

1-10 One Hours Wonder Barely a Bexar
10-100 Ten hour Tenderfoot Bexar Cub
100-1,000 Hundred Hour Hero Big Bad Bexar
1,000-10,000 Thousand Hour Trooper Grizzly Bexar
10,000+ Jedi Master of the Universe Polar Bexar (the coolest Bexar on the planet)
Arthur T.
user 4094673
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 65
Giving people recognition for their efforts is good. I appreciate you working on this Gil.

It would be nice to know who did what as well if possible. Maybe specific awards for 'most calls', 'most foot pounding', or 'most signups'?

Sometimes its hard to see 'results' in a political group, but what we do is very important. Its nice to see others efforts along side yours in an encouraging way.
Gil R.
user 14376433
Group Organizer
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 99
Thanks Arthur for the suggestion about specific mentions. Maybe a short blurb as volunteers progress to a higher level lauding their efforts and specificially mentioning what the did to get to that level?