San Diego 9/11 Truth Message Board › Help me! takes 1 minute

Help me! takes 1 minute

Peter H.
user 3471076
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
Hi everyone,
Over the past few weeks I have been regularly sending emails to Dave Rolland, who is the editor of the San Diego City Beat. At first he didn't respond, but about a week ago he wrote back and said that he simply doesn't have time to look into 9/11 and that they don't have the resources to put together a story on it. I wrote him back offering to write the story for him, emphasizing a fact based analysis, but I have yet to hear back. Of all the media in SD, I feel like the City Beat is our best chance for an honest take and widespread audience.

So here's how you can help me: EMAIL HIM. I don't care what you write, but something short asking about 9/11 truth and maybe mentioning a few topics like NORAD, Free fall speed, Molten steel, and Able Danger will suffice.

Here is his email: editor@sdcitybeat.com

Thanks guys and gals
:P
A former member
Post #: 3
Peter,

Great to hear from you -- and good idea. It's going to be a tough sell, tho. You're/we're basically asking him to devote and enormous amount of time to investigate an idea he doesn't want to believe in, for the purpose of writing a story that could jeopardize his job.

But it's worth pestering him. Part of the problem feeding mainstream publications is that news stories typically need news pegs, either in the form of a recent event that might exemplify a trend, and/or another news source covering the story which -- through the eyes of the editor -- makes it less risky to put in the paper (i.e., safety in numbers). So that initial momentum is the hardest but most important part.

The cool part is the size of a publication doesn't matter too much, in terms of visibility by other journalists. The more stories that are out there, the more it will seem 'ok' to write about, which in turn makes it more likely to be written about further... and the better likelihood that any sort of critical mass in the larger public eye is reached.

Every well-researched thing that's published in a traditional venue represents a building block on which more people can stand to rise above the double-think and emotional responses that hinder so many from looking at what happened more objectively.
Peter H.
user 3471076
San Diego, CA
Post #: 2
Right, but the idea is to have enough people contact him such that he begins to take a look at the issues himself. It does not take an enormous amount of time to learn enough to know you need to learn more. He strikes me as a very intelligent person who has simply dismissed these issues out of hand thus far. Consistently hearing from people like us will slowly open him up to learning more about the subject on his own, and if he is as intelligent as I think, he may then become an important ally.
A former member
Post #: 4
agreed
Laura
user 3294782
San Diego, CA
Post #: 5
Great idea Peter!

I sent an email. If you send me an email, I will forward you a copy.

L
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Peter,
I've sent a note to him too.
F
A former member
Post #: 2
Awesome Idea!

I SENT AN EMAIL WITH A LIST OF SUPER-IMPORTANT TOPICS!!! I URGE EVERYONE TO PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT OF YOUR TIME TO DO THE SAME smile
Peter H.
user 3471076
San Diego, CA
Post #: 4
awesome!! I'm gonna wear him down like in Shawshank Redemption when he just keeps sending those letters, except this time there's like 50 tim robbins'. I'm leaving tomorrow on a trip to the east coast (to see my dad) so thanks to all of you and lets keep up the meetups. I've already got my ticket for the accountability conference in AZ. stoked.

:peter