San Diego 9/11 Truth Message Board › New Organizer... me

New Organizer... me

Peter H.
user 3471076
San Diego, CA
hey there guys and gals,

I'm gonna be taking over as organizer for a little bit. The past 6 months have been an uncertain time for the truth movement as our frustratingly slow progress has forced us to seek out new ideas and strategies. Nevertheless I want to assure you all that this group will never give up. We're gonna keep meeting, keep informing, and keep growing into a bigger and bigger group. One of my focuses as organizer is going to be on trying to bring us all together more, not necessarily in the streets, but as a community of like minds, hearing from each other, and building on this unique perspective that we all share. For those of you who want to engage in street actions on a more regular basis, feel free to also join the newly minted Truther meetup group, or even consider organizing your own event by simply contacting me with the info. Ultimately we are all part of the same movement towards truth and justice, and we are strongest when we act in concert.

So keep an eye out for new events, pepper the message board with your thoughts, and feel free to contact me anytime. Oh, and remember that Truth DVD's and books make great holiday gifts.

peace out
:Peter
A former member
Post #: 18
Hello Peter and thank you.

I'd just like to throw in that I am also stepping up management of the truther.org meetup. Marlena has been posting most of the meetups, but she is stepping down for awhile. I will take charge of the site for awhile, so if anyone has questions or would like to suggest a meetup, please contact me.

Peter, if there's anything this group needs, it's more unity. I totally agree with your idea that we should be working together, not further diving ourselves. So I would like to also say that truther.org is ready to help. We are a group of hardworking individuals who simply want to take action and we're willing to do wherever we can to keep this movement fertile.

This month, we're planning on going to SDSU on the 11th. We're also doing a very special Christmas raid in Horton Plaza on the 20th. I encourage everyone to check it out and join us!

D2TNWO!
-Nick
Peter H.
user 3471076
San Diego, CA
Post #: 299

Good stuff Nick, I'm with ya. So hey did anyone else see that Kelly Slater is a truther? I was reading Spin magazine and boom, there it was, Kelly Slater saying he thought the US government was behind 9/11. And he's best friends with Jack Johnson.

Here's a challenge for the group. If anyone can get Kelly Slater or Jack Johnson's contact info, I will write a letter trying to get them to put on a 9/11 truth awareness concert.

A former member
Post #: 1
well I agree Peter and Nick on the unity part. But it's more about how are we about to go about this whole drama part. And I know all u guys know what the hell I'm talking about. I mean, with truther.org and Truth Rising Meetup and all the bullshit that comes into play. I personally think that the 9/11 truth movement is the ONE place that should NOT have any of this B.S. that I see going on, but it's the one place that I see the most of! And it honestly disguists me and makes my stomach turn! I moved from the bay area here to San Diego primarily to partake in a movement, not in bullshit! Sorry if I'm coming to REAL or to harsh for u guys here, but I'm a truther and I think that this shit shouldn't go unsaid!! So overall, to REALLY unify is to bring all people of all backgrounds of all opinons together for a REAL solution!! And I know most of u feel what I'm saying! So stop talking about it, and straight up BE about it!! DO this damn THING!! peace and love and light too!!

-RUDY
A former member
Post #: 19
Well Rudy, I really appreciate your thoughts on this. My frustration is that I wasn't really active when Abby and David, and everyone else started having all these fits. I joined the meetup around this time last year. It was a really exciting time because Ron Paul was waking up alot of people and there were lots of them were joining 9/11 truth as well as the Ron Paul campaign. After the results for "Super Tuesday" in February, it was clear Ron Paul wasn't going to win, and so all the patriot groups started to wear down. There was barely 2 meetups every month and people started leaving. So I got tired of it after awhile as well and I stopped going for a few months. I suppose I would have participated more if others were willing to.

What got me interrested again was when I saw ya'll were doing the bike ride thing in PB during the summer. It looked like such a great idea and so I just had to come back! It was worth it too. Especially because I got to see Dylan Avery in person skateboarding and filming us! Nothing's cooler than that (I thought to myself)!

I wasn't exactly aware of what had developed while I was away, but I'm happy to be back. And wow, what a great past 5 months we've had! Protesting the bailout, going up to LA, End The Fed, working with Marlena, Rudy's birthday party, Election night. It's just been such an amazing and powerful year for 9/11 truth. This is why it saddens me to see my fellow truthers in such a discontent state behind the scenes. Especially during the holiday season.

So in light of all that, I would really like to help take control before this group starts falling apart from the top down. I'm in this for the long run and I don't care if there's drama, because I wasn't involved in it in the first place! More and more people are waking up this year (Myself included) and they're ready for truth. Not just the truth about 9/11, but about everything. When new people join us, are they going to see a bunch of disgruntled teenagers with signs who just argue with each other, or are they going to see some really bright, friendly individuals? Reinforcements are coming, we just need to hold the fort awhile longer! Never give up! Fight the NWO, not each other!

Okay, enough with the rhetoric. I just had say it ;-)...

About Kelly Slater. I didn't know anything about Slater until Peter mentioned him. So I did a googl seach. I think this is the article you're talking about:

http://www.spin.com/a...­

I have to dig a little bit to find his e-mail.

Take care folks, and don't forget to check out the calender on meetup.com/truther!

D2TNWO!
-Nick

Peter H.
user 3471076
San Diego, CA
Post #: 301
obviously david and abby had some pretty serious differences, and I don't think we need to relive that. as a result we have two meetup groups with somewhat different visions and that's fine. to me this separate meetup's issue is somewhat irrelevant to the real challenge we're facing as a movement right now. Our real challenge is about finding an effective strategy. We've stood in the streets with signs, passed out dvd's and fliers, written absolutely everyone, and people simply haven't responded in the kind of numbers necessary to achieve real change. Thus each year slips by without a real investigation, blame is passing like a kidney stone, and we feel helpless. Thankfully helplessness can be a helpful emotion if it leads us to re-evaluate our strategy and form a new vision of success. More specifically, I think we need to start thinking more long term, and to find strategies that will sustain steady growth. We need to ask ourselves the question, what changes minds? Is it seeing someone holding a sign about 9/11? Maybe for some. But for most people I think it goes beyond that, which means that changing enough minds to make a difference will take time, patience, and persistent advocacy in the most effective manner. For example, we must also ask, what keeps people engaged with the movement? Now i'm not saying there isn't a time and place for marching with a 9/11 truth sign, but on a more day-to-day basis I think strategies like developing alternative media are going to be most effective. And I guess that's the beauty of two groups. You guys can do your thing and we can do ours. My only expectation is that all your very important people conduct themselves responsibly and within a policy of non-violence. I don't ask much, but if ya'all start getting guerilla I will be forced to drown my dissapointment in rum and then renounce you with a vitriolic ad in the Union Tribune.
-peter
A former member
Post #: 584
Anyone doing anything productive for the movement is helping the cause, we don't need to point fingers at each other for not uniting enough. What happened that required me to step down was out of a very ugly situation, it was very serious and a precedent needed to be set for certain behaviors that are and are not tolerated in an organization. Clearly some don't understand that. However, it is important to keep spreading awareness and opening minds every day in every way that we can!

PS is marlena out of the movement?

PPS Jack johnson for 9/11 truth would be epic ;)
Peter H.
user 3471076
San Diego, CA
Post #: 311
just realized I actually know a guy who could probably get me that info... I'm on it ya'all.

Also just redid the look of our little meetup site here.. if you hate it let me know and i'll change it back.

Maybe.

:P
A former member
Post #: 586
I LOVE the new look of the site. great job!
Andrea W.
user 2740722
San Diego, CA
Post #: 16
Abby, thanks for all your great work as the leader of this group, and your passion for the cause! Andrea