San Diego 9/11 Truth Message Board › March 1st Follow-Up (Economics Links)

March 1st Follow-Up (Economics Links)

A former member
Post #: 1
Here's a few links for some basic self-educating on economics:

Baseline Scenario

Besides the regular entries, these profs have put together a great single page starting point to get some fundamentals down before getting lost in the sea of misinformation that is the popular economic press.

Calculated Risk

This individual's blog is more a market player perspective. Good stuff.

Krugman

I gotta put him down for sheer props on calling Bush on his bull when the press was still full of sycophants who couldn't wait to start a war. Be forewarned, he is definitely a lefty if not as lefty as Chomsky.

PS - I am more than happy to pass along more links to those hungry for 'em. I got obsessive over this a few years ago when between jobs, so was well informed on the situation when the first signs of trouble in paradise occurred in early 2008. I got a few e-book Economics textbooks as well, both macro and micro to anyone who would like them.
A former member
Post #: 152
For another view, to counter the establishment "economics" taught in the universities, see the following excellent article:

Science is as Science Does - by Benjamin C. Richards

http://mises.org/stor...­

Take care,
Jim Shawvan
Peter H.
user 3471076
San Diego, CA
Post #: 335
Those are great links, thanks. And I apologize to everyone for not having written up the notes from the meeting yet- my life has been rather hectic lately.

:P
A former member
Post #: 2
Jim,

Conflating establishment economics with university economics glazes over the variety that university economics encompasses. Establishment economics is monolithic and, in my humble opinion, hugely misguided. It is generally synonymous with the baking cartels.

University economics includes the Austrian school as underscored by the 'school' in it's name.