addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Peter H.
user 3471076
San Diego, CA
Post #: 347

"Most people prefer to believe their leaders are just and fair even in the face of evidence to the contrary, because once a citizen acknowledges that the government under which they live is lying and corrupt, the citizen has to choose what he or she will do about it. To take action in the face of a corrupt government entails risks of harm to life and loved ones. To choose to do nothing is to surrender one's self-image of standing for principles. Most people do not have the courage to face that choice. Hence, most propaganda is not designed to fool the critical thinker but only to give moral cowards an excuse not to think at all."--Mike Rivero

Agreed.

:P
Ernie
TrueAce
San Diego, CA
Post #: 5

yup

biggrin

Laura
user 3294782
San Diego, CA
Post #: 428
ha

Peter H.
user 3471076
San Diego, CA
Post #: 348
I really like how that idea synthesizes our argument so well, as in, the evidence is very clear, looking at it is not.

and for proper citation, I believe Laura originally sent this to me..

Any thoughts on our upcoming independence day?
A former member
Post #: 239
"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free."
Goethe

Whether it is from the moral cowardice or skillfully induced cognitive dissonance, the masses reflexively react based on their self-preservation instinct and join the majority (safer in number, hence the herd mentality) with their self-deluded consciousness claiming that they are free.

For some, a crack in this prevalent type of consciousness is occurring now and will widen by the leaps and bounds in the next couple, 3 years, again, because of their natural survival instinct.

As Gerald Celente, the famous trend forecaster, has been warning for some years now:

"When people have nothing to lose they lose."
[i.e. they are willing to rise up since they have nothing left to lose]

That's why hegemonic foreign policy architects like Zbigniew Brzezinski is "Deeply Troubled.... by this massive global political awakening."
Laura
user 3294782
San Diego, CA
Post #: 433
... and I got it from "bill smith" over there at the daily49er...

is that you using the word perfidy?

; )
Laura
user 3294782
San Diego, CA
Post #: 435
whoa!!

Jaan, that is a really interesting statement by Brzezinki. Do you know what the source is? Clearly that is his voice, but who is he talking to? When? ...really creepy.

“I am deeply troubled that a very vague, emotionally-stated, semi-theologically defined diagnosis of the central global menace is obscuring our national ability to comprehend the historically unprecedented challenge, which is being posed in our time by a massive, global political awakening and thus is obstructing our ability to deal effectively with the global political turmoil that this awakening is generating.”–Zbigniew Brzezinski
A former member
Post #: 241
Yes, Laura, it's his voice and it seems that was taped surreptitiously in a forum.

Nonetheless, over the past decades, Z'big has been pretty upfront about the One World Government (OWG) goals of his international elite masters, David Rockefeller et al. and his designs and strategies to achieve them under the pseudo-nationalistic guise of maintaining the US "only-super- power" status by weakening and disintegrating - balkanizing into smaller subservient states - those major countries that are in the way of the success of his masters' OWG goals.

As a "neo-liberal", his pet peeve with the "neo-conservatives/ultra zionists" is that they have deviated tactically and priority-wise from the Grand Strategy of the domination of the Eurasia by which the real control of the world is possible as described in his book:

"The Grand Chessboard" (where in the link above you can find relevant quotes, maps and also free download of the book).

And here the quotes from his 1970 book "Between two Ages: America's Role in the Technetronic Era" and Obama's adoration of him is very chilling.

It seems that in the above quote he is chastising the neo-cons/ultra Zionists
for losing the sight of the Grand Strategy pursued for several decades by over emphasizing their own and Israel's interests in waging a permanent war against what McCain's repetitious slogan called the "transcendental threat of our time - Islamo-fascism." Thus by mis-diagnosing "the central global menace", i.e. the politically awakened people (including our own population) and countries resisting the OWG" thus "obscuring" and "obstructing our ability to deal effectively with the global political turmoil that this awakening is generating."

A few nights ago on the Charlie Rose show on the PBS channel he was openly derisive and ridiculing the neo-cons mindset and their failure of, so to speak, keeping their eyes on the ball.

A very good analysis of the Z'big's central role in the Obama's global policies is by experienced historian and author Webster Tarpley in a one and two part interview:

The Men and Women Behind Barack Obama - part one

The Men and Women Behind Barack Obama - part two

and just before the election:

Barack Obama, Zbigniew Brzezinski and Al Qaeda

A former member
Post #: 6
With all due respect to people who like to solve political and economic issues with quotes, I'm not a big fan of these profound quotes. The reason being is that it then becomes a distraction from looking at the important issues to move forward into action, ie, looking at our three-branch federal government and see which ones are failing the most. Many will agree that the Executive and Legislative branches of government are failing and no longer serving the individual but more large interest groups such as Big Money Corporations. Therefore, how can the Judicial branch possibly help this dillemma? or bring in a whole new political party to replace the Republicans and Democrats who dominate the federal Executive and Legislative branches of government?

On thinking more on these quotes I always like to think of Henry Thoreu. His book, Walden, is an excellent resource on quotes about how we as Americans live. In Walden he has essays on both the economy of that time and Civil Disobedience. Even though Walden was about a different time in American history, it is very relevent for today. And one thing Thoreu does say in Walden, is he believes the Youth have nothing to learn from there elders. Older people keep doing the same things over and over anyway and right now things aren't working from those old ways... so this is another reason why I don't like quotes in solving political issues.

Both Peter and Laura I'm guessing that you are in your late twenties?....from the postings I've read by you two, oh and Abby, too, I'm sure there are many things that the three of you could teach or promote that many are ready to learn from. I'm done with the old idealogy we need some fresh NEW!

Sincerely,

Diane
A former member
Post #: 242
Ha? confused