"Her life was in their hands. Now her toe is in the mail."
'The Big Lebowski' (1998) (Trailer below)
"Dude" Lebowski, mistaken for a millionaire Lebowski, seeks restitution for his ruined rug and enlists his bowling buddies to help get it."
If you haven't seen 'The Big Lebowski'...mere words can't explain the awesomeness of the film that's become a historic pop culture entity in it's own right.
With a 92% rating at rottentomatoes.com...'The Big Lebowski' has, over the last 15 years, gone from being just another awesome indie film in the notch of the Coen Brothers' belt...to a cultural landmark in cinema. Just about every single character and line has worked its way into our lexicon...with books, bowling events, annual film showings and touring festivals continuing to pop up across the globe...all in honor of..."The Dude".
Directed by the Coen Brothers (No Country for Old Men, Fargo, Oh Brother Where Art Thou, True Grit, Raising Arizona, Barton Fink, Hudsuker Proxy...and on, and on, and on...), 'The Big Lebowski' also features an amazing ensemble cast, including: Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, Julianne Moore, Steve Buscemi, John Turturro, Philip Seymour Hoffman, David Huddleston, Tara Reid, Ben Gazzara and Sam Elliott.
Do not miss 'The Big Lebowski' on the big screen!
Creator of this Event: Robb
Cost: Only $7.00 (includes $2 off a popcorn or soda - just ask for the discount!)
When and Where: We'll meet up in the lobby of the Reading Cinemas Gaslamp 15 at 6:30pm and head into the theater at 6:40pm.
After the Film: We may swing by somewhere close to chat and have a drink if enough folks are up for it.
Other Interesting Facts:
- A lot of the Dude's clothes in the movie were Jeff Bridges's own clothes, including his Jellies sandals.
- Before filming a scene, Jeff Bridges would frequently ask the Coen Brothers "Did the Dude burn one on the way over?" If they said he had, he would rub his knuckles in his eyes before doing a take.
- John Goodman's favorite film of his own.
- The word "fuck" or a variation of the word "fuck" is used 292 times.
- The fast-food restaurant In & Out Burger is referred to during the movie, for which John Goodman once did a commercial.
- Recipe for making a White Russian: 2 parts vodka, 1 part coffee liqueur (such as Kahlúa) and 1 part cream. Served with ice in a low ball glass.