20 and 30 Something - AWESOMENESS IN SAN DIEGO Message Board › New Meetup: Mission Trails (easy) Hike

New Meetup: Mission Trails (easy) Hike

A former member
Announcing a new Meetup for 20-Somethings New to San Diego!

What: Mission Trails (easy) Hike

When: April 26, 2009 9:00 AM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Meetup Description: Most people have been over to the visitor's center of Mission Trails, but not the back side of the park!! The terrain is either really easy or you can go up the hills for an added umph! I like going under the 52 corridor and heading out for a little ways before going back to the car. Dogs are allowed, although they do have to stay on a leash. Of course, if you bring your dog, bring them water and a bag to pick up their mess.

To get there: Take 52 to Mast Blvd in Santee. Here is the map. Head west when you get off of the freeway. There is a drive way into the park, which has a gate. I like to park in the parking lot that is to the left when you pull in, although there is a larger parking lot to the right. At the trail head there are trash cans, a water fountain, and (I think) a port-o-potty.

Mountain bikers can come and head off the the right once we get inside. That seems to be the more preferred trail for them. Children can come and head off to the left- there is a much easier walk that way. If you are new to hiking, come out and go as far as you feel omfortable. This is an active horse trail, so if you, your child, dog, husband, wahtever get freaked out by horses, this might not be the place for you. However, I have only seen two horses in all of the times I have been there.

Don't forget to bring water!

Email if you have any questions!

Learn more here:
http://newintown.meet...­