San Diego Japanese Language & Culture Meetup Message Board › Anyone into hiking?

Anyone into hiking?

Dave R
SD_Wolfman
Santee, CA
Post #: 2
I like going on short hikes in the mountains and desert, and was wondering if any of you are interested in doing that?

Dave
A former member
Post #: 10
Hai!
A former member
Post #: 14
Double Hai!

I've never really done it before, but I'm interested. Well, I hiked when I was in the Marines, but you also had 100 pounds of equipment and about 80 upset guys and guns.
Dave R
SD_Wolfman
Santee, CA
Post #: 3
Great. I often go on Saturday or Sunday mornings. Tomorrow, I'm heading up to the Lagunas--a little short notice for company this week. Next weekend, I'll be on the East Coast, but in two weeks, I'll be contemplating someplace here in the county.

Smoothini (Thomas?), I don't get that involved with it. biggrin Water, a camera, and something to snack on. I generally hike from 3-9 miles, and do it to exercise, relax and enjoy the scenery. smile

Dave
Robert
soundhack
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 3
Years ago I would go hiking every weekend. These days not so much, but would love to get back into it. I would recommend Cuyamaca Mtn and Anza Borrego Dessert areas, but anywhere is fine with me!

Robert
A former member
Post #: 56
A group of us went hiking and picnicing yesterday (Saturday). It was awesome and so beautiful. We started at Mt. Laguna, then headed to Julian and ended up at Cuyamaca. I'll probably post an event for Hiking/Picnicing next month on both the Japanese and International Meetup groups.

Dan
lindsey
illusio
San Diego, CA
Post #: 19
i would like to go hiking, yes i would. :)
Dave R
SD_Wolfman
Santee, CA
Post #: 4
I ended up hiking around Big Laguna Lake yesterday. What started out as a planned 8-mile trip ended up being almost 11 as I explored an alternate trail. Big Laguna and Sunset trails are companions in that area that form a large loop around a pair of seasonal lakes. They are also easy trails with little real elevation change--The steepest was 300 feet in less than a mile. For a brief time, I even ran the hiragana syllables through my head. smile
Dave R
SD_Wolfman
Santee, CA
Post #: 5
If anyone is interested in joining me this Sunday morning at 9am, I'm planning to hike Cowles Mountain. It's a 3-mile round-trip walk in part of the Mission Trails Park. The trailhead (one of them) is at the corner of Golfcrest Drive and Navajo Road in La Mesa. There's a tiny parking lot, but plenty of street parking, on Golfcrest just north of the intersection.

I'm pretty easy to spot. Just look for a guy carrying the bo staff--i.e., a 6-foot walking stick.

Dave
A former member
Post #: 4
Yup, hiking rules. All of you are invited to this. Check out the information page.

2nd Annual Hiking, Dinner, Moonrise, Sunset Party

Coming March 12, 2006

Click for more information