addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

San Diego Japanese Language & Culture Meetup Message Board › Return of events: Karaoke, Movie Night and Dinners.

Return of events: Karaoke, Movie Night and Dinners.

Bunta M.
buntamike
San Diego, CA
Post #: 34
Is interest still around in monthly events such as:
movie nights: Where we watch a new to DVD Japanese film in a group of 30 - 40 people.
karaoke: where we sing Japanese songs in a group of 20 at a San Diego Karaoke Location.
dinner: Where we try a new Japanese Restaurant out each month. One that is either too expensive or requires a reservation long in advance that we do not attend at the weekly meetup.

These are all events that we did every month, but in the past 2 years it seems that interest had dissipated and since they are something that takes planning weeks/ months ahead of time, I haven't scheduled anything in years. If the interest has returned, then I will schedule monthly meetups for these events.
Tones
user 8492721
San Diego, CA
Post #: 16
I'm interested in movie night and dinners, I'll tag along to karaoke...
Jason
jalakoo
San Diego, CA
Post #: 6
Also interested, make 'em happen!
Bunta M.
buntamike
San Diego, CA
Post #: 35
Still working on the monthly movie meetup. Unfortunately, it's been a lack of location which has stopped the event from happening. If you know of any locations near the weekly Tuesday meetup that offer a place to watch films then please let us know. It's been about 3 years since the last film and there have been so many great films from Japan that would be fun to watch in a group.