align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Urgent situation for a Yorkie and owner - see if you can advise please

From: Deb
Sent on: Wednesday, August 4, 2010 9:01 AM
Hello Yorkie Lovers,

I try to keep the emails to a minimum so members don't get overwhelmed, but when I saw this post on our message board and know lots of our members aren't going to the message board, I wanted to give Renee from Escondido as much help as possible. My heart just goes out to her for her situation and want as much input as possible to find a good solution for her. I know we all love our Yorkie babies and want the best for them and we can all relate to where Renee is!! Here is what she posted on our message board on Sunday:

My 4 year old 4 pound yorkie might have to have her eye removed.

Ok so recently her eye started to get a lot of gunk in it. Now i thought it might just be irritated so i started cleaning it daily with a wet wash cloth.A week passes and all of a sudden her eye is twisted to the side(towards her ear) and she couldnt move it. So i look up a vet and end up taking her to Parkway Pet Clinic in Escondido. He thinks she might have something stuck in her eye and tells me its gonna cost 280 to put her down and check her eye. The problem was i only had 130 on me till my next check so he agreed to check her eye without putting her down. He ended up giving me a cream for her eye and wanted to see her back in two days.. this was a Tuesday i went back Thursday. When i went back he says it hasnt gotten better and he thinks its glaucoma or an infected abscess bulb behind her eye. He says he can check by putting her down and i would have to pay the 280, but then he says either way she will have to lose her eye. now that will cost[masked] and he says i should just get it removed without finding out what it is because either way she has to lose her eye.

So my question is, should i just save up to have her eye removed, or should i try to find another vet for a second opinion? So far everyone says I should get a second opinion. but the problem is I just do not have a lot of money. I am only working a part time job but i recently got hired for another job but am waiting for them to call me with my schedule. I really just dont know what to do

and all this happend on my 22 birthday..which was thursday so it shocked me.
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

oh and i live in escondido.


Please go to our message board and either respond there OR click on the envelope under Renee's name and email her directly if you can give her some input to assist her in this.

Link to this message:

Thank you all for your understanding and I hope someone can be of some assistance to Renee

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy