The San Diego Yorkie Lovers Meetup Group Message Board › Help Me Keep Kira

Help Me Keep Kira

Doreen
user 2345495
San Diego, CA
Post #: 92
Good Afternoon!

I need your help if you are willing. I’ve sent two complaints to the Homeowners Association regarding a neighbor’ surround sound being played way too load such that I have to wear ear plugs and sit in my vehicle to work on homework.

Well, now they retaliated (at least I’m assuming its them) by sending a letter to the homeowners association stating that basically Kira’s barking is a nuisance to the neighbors and that she attempted to attack another dog!

I don’t see how Kira’s barking can be a nuisance since she is debarked and I have never been out with Kira such that she has ever attempted to attack another dog! Little 4 ½ lb. Kira….seriously! The poor thing hasn’t even been out on a walk in ages and when we have been out she has been in my arms carried to the car. She cowers when other people come near her and other dogs such that she hides behind me or wants to be picked-up (thus why she is always in my arms at the meet-ups)! She has never gone after another dog.

I have to attend a Board meeting regarding the allegations and along with my accuser to fight to keep Kira and not have to return her to the rescue. Would you be willing to write a letter stating the personality and behavior that you have encountered with Kira at the meet-up groups?

Thank you for your consideration.
Doreen
Scott
user 11821945
San Diego, CA
Post #: 16
Do you have evidence that she was debarked you can show? Can you present your case as you presented it here? If you can prove with medical records they are lying about the barking, maybe that will show that the other part is suspect as well. You may have local noise ordinances, so if the neighbors are playing really loud music after certain hours you could involve the police, though who knows if they'll retaliate for that as well.
Doreen
user 2345495
San Diego, CA
Post #: 93
Kira came to be debarked and I put in a request with the vet to write me a letter. The thing that concerns me the most is the fact that they are stating that Kira attempted to attack another dog! She doesn't have that type of personality and has not exhibited such behavior at the yorkie meeting ups or anywhere else for that matter.
Doreen
user 2345495
San Diego, CA
Post #: 94
Would you believe after getting my yorkie family involved, my vet involved, my petsitter involved, my groomer involved, family, co-workers, and neighbors, I was finally told that it was my neighbor that I thought it was. I went to talk to him tonight and ask him why he would do such a thing...he tells me he gave the owner of the unit (they are renters) the wrong Unit #!!!!!
Deb
dzfisher
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 355
So does that mean you don't need a letter? I would be so happy to write one for you if you still need it. I am hoping this is no longer an issue for you.
Aline
user 10245537
San Diego, CA
Post #: 16
Wow that was very trashy of your neighbor!
Doreen
user 2345495
San Diego, CA
Post #: 95
Deb, that is extremely sweet of you and very much appreciated! I think I'm going to be ok...I typed a letter last night for the renters to sign that reiterated our conversation and I forwarded to management who said they would give it to the Board to review my case. They don't seem to get the fact that I wasn't supposed to have received the violation in the first place. I think the Board meeting is week after next so I'm crossing my fingers that they will remove the violation from my records and it will be a done deal. Hopefully my neighbors will layoff me moving forward. Very uncomfortable living here now and hate coming home. Guess this too shall pass. Again, thank you so much!
Deb
dzfisher
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 356
Possibly you should consider going to the board meeting so you can make a statement to the board before they review everything to make sure there is no misunderstanding. Maybe even ask the person who now mistakenly has made the mistake to be there to clear you or to have them totally retract the violation due to their mistake. I was the president of the board where I used to live.

Best of luck on all of this. Feel free to call me if you want to discuss.
Hugs,
Deb
858-437-4006
Scott
user 11821945
San Diego, CA
Post #: 17
I was wondering if that could be the case as well. Something similar happened to me many years ago. I kept getting noise complaints, even when no one was home, because people were mistakenly attributing noise to my place that was actually coming from an adjacent backyard. Sounds like everything should work out ok, best of luck. Let us know how it goes.
Doreen
user 2345495
San Diego, CA
Post #: 96
Hi Deb! Is there anything you haven't done. :) Thank you everybody for your support. I'm happy to say that I had my neighbor sign a letter stating that the violation was sent to me in error and that the volation should be retracted from my file. The management company took it to the Board on Monday and the matter is closed and the violation tossed. So I can now relax. I spent countless hours into this and glad its finally over. It appears that my neighbor was trying to retaliate against the neighbor above him who made complaints about his extremely loud surround sound. The last I spoke with him and his girlfriend, they felt remorseful and apologized profusely. He has no idea who he was messing with when it comes to my "kid". :)