The San Diego Yorkie Lovers Meetup Group Message Board › Woogie - It's not arthritis

Woogie - It's not arthritis

Darla & J.
San Diego, CA
Post #: 23
Hi All, Well, Woogie does not have arthritis. She has a herniated disk in her neck. The vet gave us some anti-inflammatory and pain meds. We are supposed to keep her quiet and bring her back in a month to have another MRI & see if it's better. The problem is that now that the swelling is down and the pain is gone, she wants to run and play...."Stay quiet, and don't overdo"!! Sigh. I'm just hoping that it heals on it's own and that she won't need surgery. Thanks to all for the responses anyway. I may start her on glucosamine just in case smile
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 372
Glad to hear Woogie is doing well! I'm sure that is a huge load off your mind!! Hugs to you guys!
Deb, David and Abby!!
Patti G.
user 73037032
La Mesa, CA
Post #: 13
I posted on your other thread about Woogie and then saw this.
Happy to hear he is feeling better and pray he doesn't have to have surgery.
Yes, it's so hard to keep them still. I have to be a bit firm with Tobias' jumping, but now he know where he can and can't jump. I also got steps he uses for the high areas.
You just have to be on top of them, and make sure he's confined a bit or not able to jump when left alone.
Prayerful wishes for Woogie!