San Francisco Irish Culture & Expat Group Message Board › San Francisco Meetup Group

San Francisco Meetup Group

Cotati, CA
Hello Members,

I am writing to let everyone know that I have lost my job and may not be able to afford to host this meetup group anymore. If I do need to stand down, I will do this by November 1st. This will cancel this group if no one else is interested in taking it over and I do need to step down.

I have loved the past meetups but have been insanely busy all Summer and have been unable to spend much time managing this meetup group as I should.

I would hate to see this group close. It's not that I don't want to be the organizer anymore it's simply that this group is getting too expensive for me. I know if we all pitched in to keep it going Darragh and I would be more than grateful; as there have been many meetups scheduled but rarely anyone going I'm hoping that a small donation to stay in the group will ensure we have active members.

I have set up to make a one dollar donation as a membership fee payable once every 3 months. This will cover the expenses of keeping this group open. I will send out a reminder email again in 3 months. I would ask that you please pay this fee by the end of this month to stay in the group.

I will not remove anyone that hasn't made a payment and has not contacted me, but know that memberships to this group may be removed if a payment has not been made within 3 months. I know we have members here that do not log in regularly and that this is a sudden change in policy.

I will also do my part by listing all Irish related events that may be of interest to our members. And likewise, please contact me or Darragh Ryan to have your event listed promptly.

If there are strong objections I may remove this membership dues policy but I may also then need to step down as organizer.

Thank you all kindly,