ABOUT OUR OUTINGS:
INFORMATION: If you have questions about an outing, contact the leader (between 9 a.m. & 8 p.m.). It is best to call a few days before the outing. Leaders are volunteers and may not always be available, so, please, don’t wait for the last minute to call. You do not have to be a Sierra Club member to Join our Meetup group or participate in events. All are welcome!
RESERVATIONS: Are NOT necessary, unless a limit is specified in the outing’s write-up.
I understand that during my participation in this Sierra Club Outing, I may be exposed to a variety of hazards and risks, foreseen or unforeseen, which are inherent in each Outing and cannot be eliminated without destroying the unique character of the Outing. These inherent risks include, but are not limited to, the dangers of serious personal injury, property damage, and death (“Injuries and Damages”) from exposure to the hazards of travel and the Sierra Club has not tried to contradict or minimize my understanding of these risks. I know that Injuries and Damages can occur by natural causes or activities of other persons, animals, trip members, trip leaders and assistants or third parties, either as a result of negligence or because of other reasons. I understand that risks of such Injuries and Damages are involved in adventure travel such as Sierra Club Outings and I appreciate that I may have to exercise extra care for my own person and for others around me in the face of such hazards. I further understand that on this Outing there may not be rescue or medical facilities or expertise necessary to deal with the Injuries and Damages to which I may be exposed.
In consideration for my acceptance as a participant on this Outing, and the services and amenities to be provided by the Sierra Club in connection with the Outing, I confirm my understanding that:
• I have read any rules and conditions applicable to the Outing made available to me; I will pay any costs and fees for the Outing; and I acknowledge my participation is at the discretion of the leader.
• The Outing officially begins and ends at the location(s) designated by the Sierra Club. The Outing does not include carpooling, transportation, or transit to and from the Outing, and I am personally responsible for all risks associated with this travel. This does not apply to transportation provided by the Sierra Club during the Outing.
• If I decide to leave early and not to complete the Outing as planned, I assume all risks inherent in my decision to leave and waive all liability against the Sierra Club arising from that decision. Likewise, if the leader has concluded the Outing, and I decide to go forward without the leader, I assume all risks inherent in my decision to go forward and waive all liability against the Sierra Club arising from that decision.
• This Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law. If any provision or any part of any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or legally unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of this Agreement shall not be affected thereby and shall remain valid and fully enforceable.
• To the fullest extent allowed by law, I agree to WAIVE, DISCHARGE CLAIMS, AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY the Sierra Club, its officers, directors, employees, agents, and leaders from any and all liability on account of, or in any way resulting from Injuries and Damages, even if caused by negligence of the Sierra Club its officers, directors, employees, agents, and leaders, in any way connected with this Outing. I further agree to HOLD HARMLESS the Sierra Club, its officers, directors, employees, agents, and leaders from any claims, damages, injuries or losses caused by my own negligence while a participant on the outing. I understand and intend that this assumption of risk and release is binding upon my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, and includes any minors accompanying me on the Outing
Without limiting the Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability above, before undertaking any outdoor activity described on this site, it is your personal and exclusive responsibility to ensure that the activity is appropriate for you, that you have researched the activity description, and that you have proper training, equipment, and physical conditioning to safely participate in the planned activity. Sierra Club and contributors to this site are not responsible for any harm to persons or property that results from your use of this site, including without limitation, use of any content on this site.
For all activities:
- Follow the instructions of the leader.
- Activities require signing a liability waiver.
- Must stay with the group.
- No smoking is allowed during our activities.
- Unless specified in the write-up, pets are not allowed.
- Minors are permitted with prior approval of the leader and liability waiver.
- Be sure you are in adequate physical condition to undertake the activity you select.
- If you are uncertain of the difficulty of the trip or your ability, check with the leader before you decide to go.
-All events are fragrance free.
- Bring essentials for hiking.
- Bring $$ for your driver (and most outings end with an optional dinner).
- Wear boots or sturdy shoes. To avoid blisters and sore feet, be sure to break-in hiking boots before hiking in them.
For bike rides:
- Rides are social experiences, not high-speed athletic events.
- Terrain varies from bike lanes on city streets to country roads, rolling foothills and hilly climbs.
- A helmet is required.
- You and your bike need to be in good condition.
- You should have a patch kit and pump.
- Ensure that your tires are properly inflated and your brakes are in good working order.
- Bring lunch and plenty of water.
- Obey the "rules of the road."
- Water (2 quarts is the minimum that most people require)
- Lunch or snack
- Rain gear (rain suit, poncho or waterproof jacket)
- Appropriate layers of clothing (hat, pants, jacket & footwear for the location)
- Whistle (to signal the group if you get separated)
- Medication (most outing locations are in remote areas where medical aid is not readily available)
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Ventana Chapter and Santa Cruz Group Sierra Club||February 10, 2012 8:03 AM||John|