• Description: A moderate hike, 11 miles long, with 1200 feet elevation gain. Views of Old Growth Redwoods, the Pacific, and Big Basin Park.
• Route: Starting at the entry kiosk, we ascend the steep Ano Nuevo trail. Go through the forest on the Goat Hill and Doe Ridge trails, to a lunch stop. Continue on the Indian Trail and up to Trail Camp. Take the Butano Fire Road up a little ways to the landing strip, with nice views. Continue downhill to the Jackson Flats trail and back to the kiosk.
• Restrooms: Near the entry kiosk.
• Exposure: Mostly shade, with sun on the fire roads in the middle of the hike.
• What to Bring: Water, lunch, hiking poles if it is muddy, an extra layer, money for gas and park fees, and a park pass if you have one.
• Duration: Hiking 5 hours, lunch 1/2 hour, driving (round trip) from Santa Cruz 1-1/2 hours, total 7 hours. Back before 4:30 pm.
Phone me if you have any questions. Leader: Allan Neymark, 831,457,2505.
More Monterey Bay Sierra Club hikes: http://ventana.sierraclub.org/schedule