Craig Vachon will lead an interactive presentation and conversation about startup funding. Craig served as a mentor at the last two TechRaising events and he's offered to provide an overview of the funding space and share his framework for how to approach startup funding.
Craig wrote his first business plan at 12 years old, sold his first company at 25 years old, and has been a relentless entrepreneur/angel investor ever-since. To date, Craig has raised $1.17B in PE/VC investment for 14 companies in seven countries. Craig is currently supporting a portfolio company as their corporate development leader.
Find Craig on LinkedIn here: http://www.linkedin.com/in/gcvachon
Please note the meetup is from 6:30-8:30pm and this meetup is on a WEDNESDAY night.
Craig will cover the following points:
- Why pursue investment?
- What type of investment is best for you?
- Who are the best investors for your start-up?
- PE/VC traits – know your audience before asking for a meeting
- What are the five keys that investors look for in your business?
- Researching investors and how to get introduced
- The Pitch – what to present – what not to present
- Terms sheets and legal stuff
Join us for a dynamic conversation about funding your startup.