Join us this Friday at 7PM (or whenever you can get there) for the best damn BBQ and bonfire that Dockweiler Beach has ever seen!!!
Everyone is welcome; both brand new members (who have never attended a game) and regular members. You are most welcome to bring guests, but please RSVP with your numbers so we know how much food to provide. We look forward to meeting some new members and seeing some familiar faces.
And how can you make a bonfire and BBQ at the beach even better? Add S'mores, that's how.
So this is how it's all going to go down:
Carnell Harris will be providing the food and drinks and will also be manning the BBQ and fire pit. We will have options for both carnivores and vegans.
You can arrive at anytime between 7PM and 10PM, but we must be completely cleared off the beach by 11 PM. Follow the map below for parking and meetup instructions.
We will select a fire pit as close as possible to the location indicated on the map below. If you have any trouble finding our group just text or call me [masked]) or Carnell [masked]) when you arrive and we will direct you to our fire pit.
PLEASE READ THESE IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:
• You can park for FREE on Vista Del Ray until 10PM, but you will get a ticket if you park there even a minute after 10PM . You will need to walk down the the steep sandy embankment if you do park on Vista Del Ray.
• For under $10 you can park in the lot next to the fire pits. You should do this if you have a lot to carry, don't want to walk down the embankment, or want to to stay until after 10 PM.
• Carnell will be providing food and drinks, but please bring any additional food you want to grill or eat.
• You are welcome to bring something to share, but that is not required.
• Please bring one bundle of firewood.
• Bring a chair or blanket to sit on.
• Remember to dress warm and/or bring a coat or blankets. Even with the bonfire it will get cold on the beach at night. (That's what makes the fire romantic.)
• Bring what you want to drink, but the beach patrol will ticket you if you are OPENLY breaking the law. Are you as creative as this guy?
Polar vortex? What polar vortex? The only vortex we are going to to experience are the winds generated by the massive cone of fire in our fire pit.
So drop whatever you had planned for this Friday and come show our out-of-state family and friends how WE stay warm in the winter -- next to a bonfire on the beach!