Healthy Lunch Bunch returns to the calendar after a bit of a hiatus. If you are tired of eating the same lunch four days in a row, then you will love Healthy Lunch Bunch. It is a Lunch Meal Swap... think Lean Cusines but fresh, healthy, and homemade! No frozen food or preservatives here.
The way our Healthy Lunch Bunch will work is as follows:
(1) Each person will make one healthy main dish that keeps well in the refrigerator and reheats well in the microwave and one Add-On to share (rolls, biscuits, cookies, etc).
(2) You will make 6-8 servings of your main dish - 4 that you individually package to trade with other members and 2 - 4 servings to share (for tasting) at the Sunday night meetup. Please think carefully about how much you are making and make sure that your servings are appropriate for a lunch serving.
(3) Sign up for one of main dishes listed below. Package your main dish by itself in reusable tupperware (the cheap kind since you will be swapping them with other ladies). NO ALUMINUM FOIL, NO ZIPLOC BAGS, NO SARAN WRAP. (Not only can these forms of storage be messy, but we want everyone who gives away 4 tupperware containers to get to take home 4 tupperware containers). Email me if you have questions!
(4) You don't need to individually package your Add-On... we will just share those and take them home in ziploc bags!
(5) The way we will trade is to draw numbers and go in order the first round, and then reverse order the second round and so on (each person chooses one dish per round).
*NOTE - There is a $2 deposit required to reserve your spot. The event will be canceled if there are not at least 8 people signed up by Saturday at 1:00 PM. If I cancel the event due to not enough people, your $2 will be refunded.
This week's Main Dishes:
Please select one main dish. Also bring one add-on to share, whether it is baked treats, bread, or a drink to share.
Fresh Vegetable Lasagna
Mixed Fruit Chicken Salad
Chicken and Sweet Potato Dumplings
Roasted Vegetable Loaded Potatoes (If using smaller potatoes, please use 2 potatoes halves per serving)
Honey Glazed Roasted Root Vegetables with Rosemary Grilled Chicken Thighs
Curried Chicken and Vegetable Pan Roast
Beet Salad with Candied Marcona Almonds
Fresh Shell Bean Soup
Beet and Blood Orange Salad with Mint
Root Vegetable, Pear and Chesnut Ragout
Warm Winter Vegetable Salad
Baked Acorn Squash with Chestnuts, Apples, and Leeks
Root Vegetable and Cauliflower Tagine with Parsley Yogurt On The Side
Winter Vegetable Chili
Nordic Winter Vegetable Soup
Pumpkin Lasagna with Ricotta and Swiss Chard
Beef Stew in Red Wine Sauce
Roasted Carrot and Red Quinoa Salad
Chickpea and Lentil Soup
Shiitake and Swiss Chard Soup with Hand Cut Noodles
Carrot Osso Buco (vegan)
Crisp Tomato, Zucchini, and Eggplant Bread Gratin (vegan)
Pennette with Spicy Tomato Sauce (vegan)
Bean, Corn, and Squash Stew (vegan)
Spicy Chickpea Salad
Fresh Vegetable Curry
Asian Turkey Noodle Soup with Bok Choy
Bulgur Salad with Carrots and Peppers
Farro Salad with Artichokes and Fennel
Green Bean Israeli Cous Cous Salad
Fresh Tortellini with Asparagus, Peas, and Mint