It is that time of year... school is back in session, and even if you aren't a student or teacher, join us for a healthy lunch trade. If you are tired of eating the same lunch four days in a row, then you will love Healthy Lunch Bunch. It is a Lunch Meal Swap... think Lean Cusines but fresh, healthy, and homemade! No frozen food or preservatives here.
Please read these instructions carefully. The way our Healthy Lunch Bunch will work is as follows:
(1) Each person will make one healthy main dish that keeps well in the refrigerator and reheats well in the microwave.
(2) You will make 6-ish servings of your main dish - 3 servings that you individually package to trade with other members and 3 servings to share (for tasting) at the Sunday night meetup. Please think carefully about how much you are making and make sure that your servings are appropriate for a lunch serving. Please pre-package four servings of your meal and then bring a separate container of your dish to share with the group. Please don't wait to package your meals until you get to the event.
(3) Sign up for one of main dishes listed below. Package your main dish by itself in reusable tupperware (the cheap kind since you will be swapping them with other ladies). NO ALUMINUM FOIL, NO ZIPLOC BAGS, NO SARAN WRAP, NO RESTAURANT TAKE OUT CONTAINERS. (Not only can these forms of storage be messy, but we want everyone who gives away 4 reusable plastic containers to get to take home 4 reusable plastic containers). Email me if you have questions!
(4) If you would like to bring a baked good or a small side dish to share that is great, but no need to package these separately, we will just share them at the event and then people can take home what they like.
(5) The way we will trade is to draw numbers and go in order the first round, and then reverse order the second round and so on (each person chooses one dish per round).
The event will be canceled if there are not at least 6 people signed up by Friday at 8:00 PM.
CHOOSE ONE DISH:
Black Bean-Quinoa Salad with Basil-Lemon Dressing (Shanna)
Toasted Chickpea and Apricot Salad
Lemony Orzo Veggie Salad with Chicken
Bulgur Salad with Edamame and Cherry Tomatoes
Zesty Three Bean and Roasted Corn Salad
Quinoa and Roasted Pepper Chili
Peanut Chicken Soup
Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
Crustless Smoked Turkey and Spinach Quiche
Butternut Squash and Mushroom Tart with Gruyère
Sausage, Fennel, and Ricotta Pizza
Fresh Vegetable Lasagna
Mixed Fruit Chicken Salad
Chicken and Sweet Potato Dumplings
Farro Salad with Artichokes and Fennel
Green Bean Israeli Cous Cous Salad
Fresh Tortellini with Asparagus, Peas, and Mint
Root Vegetable, Pear and Chesnut Ragout
Warm Winter Vegetable Salad
Baked Acorn Squash with Chestnuts, Apples, and Leeks
Tabbouleh with Chicken and Red Pepper
Southwestern Chicken Pasta Salad
Curried Chicken Salad with Apples and Raisins
Braised Winter Vegetable Pasta
Barley Hoppin' John
Leek, Potato, and Spinach Stew
Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans
Vegetable and Sausage Skillet
Healthy Detox Soup
Roasted Vegetable and Ricotta Pizza
Black Bean, Sweet Potato, and Red Quinoa Soup
Three Bean Salad