Jim K.
user 37330212
Group Organizer
Sarasota, FL
Hi Everyone:

I am really happy to have met so many fun and interesting people since I started this group just over a year ago.  However, I do want to see this issue resolved and it tends to be the same people repeatedly not showing for events where they replied YES.  Please respond accurately in the future.  We have a 3 strike and your out rule.  We are a laid back, fun bunch, but being accurate with responses is just common courtesy and is needed in order for me to effectively plan events.  I have all sorts of things I would like to do as a group but I do not plan certain things because they require an accurate headcount.  It is not fair to the members who take a minute to update their RSVP.  Once I am confident that the amount of people who RSVP Yes is a reasonable reflection of the actual attendence, I will be able to plan different, fun types of events.  It is also not fair to the host of our events who might put out money or set up tables or make other arrangements for our group.  Your cooperation is greatly appreciated and as of now, required to remain a member of this group.  Also, if you really have no interest in attending events, please leave the group.  I put a lot of work into this for no return except the most important one to me which is all of your smiling faces and the fun times we have together.  I want this to be the best meetup group.

Cheers and Better Beers!

Jim
Brian K.
user 11991845
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 48
If you are asking for opinions,or if you are not.. Here I go. I feel that 2 strikes and your out is better.
It shows a lack of Respect for others. Why would any one not be courteous enough to remove themselves from an event if they are not coming? With all the Technology available to contact the Group and or Organizer,that is sad.

Brian
A former member
Post #: 1
I agree with Brain 2 strikes and you are out.
Layla
user 22080661
Portsmouth, VA
Post #: 3
Hi Jim,

I would love to remain a part of the group. I've not been able to register for events as I'm pregnant. :-)

If I can help plan something (do research, make calls, etc) to lessen your load please let me know.

Layla
Jim K.
user 37330212
Group Organizer
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 6
Congrats Layla! Nobody should misunderstand my message. If you are a snowbird, or preganant, or in the military, whatever....NO PROBLEM! If you only make an event once a year for whatever reason, no worries. The no shows when replying "YES" are the problem. And while I was at it, I was just indicating that if people have no intention of ever coming to another event, they should just leave the group!

Cheers,
JIm
A former member
Post #: 1
We all love you Jim. I wish I could attend more events. Best group ever!!!!!!!