Sarasota WordPress Users Meetup Group Message Board › Looking for WP e-Commerce shopping cart experience

Looking for WP e-Commerce shopping cart experience

A former member
Post #: 1
Anyone have any experience using the WP e-Commerce shopping cart plug-in? I'm working on a site that uses this and need to work out a couple issues. Any help would be appreciated. Willing to pay/trade/whatever, just need to get this done! Thanks!!
Greg D.
user 13978155
Punta Gorda, FL
Post #: 7
Interested in how you make out... I looked at some of these before.

http://speckyboy.com/2008/10/23/10-powerful-shoppingecommerce-plugin-solutions-for-wordpress/­

I was going to go with a paypal only cart due to the complications and cost of credit card transactions.

All the best,

Greg

www.everythingpuntagorda.com­
A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks Greg!

There's some good options in that link and the updated one at the top of the article. Paypal definitely has some advantages.

I'll let you know how I make out.

Still interested if anyone else has any insight. Thanks!

-Adam
Adam W. W.
user 2260245
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 7
Adam,

Have you received any helpful responses from their support yet? I've used WP e-Commerce for various projects in the past, but more times than not became extremely frustrated with their lack of timely support.

I have used the Shopp plugin and didn't run into any major issues. I also met the business owners behind this plugin while speaking at WordCamp Phoenix and had a great conversation about customer service. In fact, they're hiring support "ninjas".

I know you have a lot of products and details already setup, so changing to an entirely different plugin is less than ideal, but you might want to take a peek for future reference.

Hopefully they'll get you sorted out shortly so you can move forward with the project:)
Greg D.
user 13978155
Punta Gorda, FL
Post #: 8
I'm going to be doing a political campaign site...with the future ad on of contributing via credit card.
There are some plugins...(I don't have time to code)...it's a cost effective solution if your going to bring in substantial funds.... credit card shopping carts look like they have about a ~$100 set up fee and $20 a month plus a %

Hope things workout... send a link when your done.

A former member
Post #: 3
I've got some bright news for a Sunday evening as I'm making progress! Or rather, I should say, I found someone who can help. Either way, this is great news. Edin at www.split-moon.com has been incredibly helpful in identifying the issue. He discovered a deprecated function within the theme file wpsc-shopping_cart_page.php. For some reason, the system wasn't coming up with an undefined function error, but it is fixed now!

I'm glad I was able to work with split-moon. He was super responsive and helpful. I have an open support issue logged with the WP e-Commerce developers (getshoped.org), but they still aren't responding to it yet. Unfortunately, this seems to be typical of them, which is disappointing to say the least.

Definitely interested in trying a new cart next time. Will most likely go with the Shopp plugin.

Thanks for all the input! A few more tweaks to make and then this site can go live!

-Adam
Adam W. W.
user 2260245
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 8
Adam, great news Edin found the cause...bad news that they were using a deprecated function. I wonder if you can share what function it was so I can see how long it's been deprecated...just curious how far behind these guys are.

Glad to hear it's sorted!
A former member
Post #: 4
Here's all the info I have on the function:

The deprecated function was wpsc_has_shipping_form within the theme file wpsc-shopping_cart_page.php

It may be fixed now in the latest release that just came out.