addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Sarasota WordPress Users Meetup Group Message Board › New Organizer Needed for This Group. Who Wants the Glory?

New Organizer Needed for This Group. Who Wants the Glory?

Adam W. W.
user 2260245
Sarasota, FL
Hey there WordPressers,

It's become obvious to me (and I'm sure you) that organizing WordPress meetups is not my strong suit. I just can't handle the pressure! Just kidding;)

In all seriousness, I would love for the group to continue and to have regular monthly meetups so I'm sending this message out to all of you as a request for someone to take over the group Organizer responsibilities.

Organizer responsibility comes with the $19 per month Meetup.com fee, but I for one am happy to donate at monthly meetings to whoever takes the lead.

If you're interested, please reply to this email and/or the group's message board.
Greg D.
user 13978155
Punta Gorda, FL
Post #: 9
I really like the meetings!
I understand your dilemma...
I'll drop a few bucks in the monthly...although I've only made one meeting...it was worth making the contacts!

Greg - everythingpuntagorda.com
Adam W. W.
user 2260245
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 10
Hi Greg,

Does this mean you would like to take over as the meeting organizer? :)
Greg D.
user 13978155
Punta Gorda, FL
Post #: 10
No...I'm lucky I can make 1 out of 3 meetings...(working rotating schedules)
I hope someone steps up!

By the way....two of my sites were hacked by Tunisian hackers last week.
They changed the admin account and dropped a index.html in the root.
Tightening up security would be a good meeting topic.
Have you ever been hacked?

Greg
Adam W. W.
user 2260245
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 11
It looks as though another member, Emily F. Scott will be taking over Organizer responsibilities shortly:)
Greg D.
user 13978155
Punta Gorda, FL
Post #: 11
Yay Emily... Glad to hear!