Hey all, I wanted to give an update on WordCamp Orlando 2013:
We've still got plenty of tickets left, and I want to incentivize you to purchase: The first 100 people to use the coupon code 'wcmeetup' when purchasing their ticket will get $5 off. The code is entered via the link at the bottom of the page here: http://2013.orlando.wordcamp.org/registration/If you want to guarantee that we have your size of shirt, you need to order before Friday, 25 October.
- Our speaker list is near finalized. We've got great talent locally, nationally and even internationally that will be attending to share their WordPress knowledge. Check out the schedule here: http://2013.orlando.wordcamp.org/schedule/
- Saturday will have three full tracks of talks. Sunday will start out with a fun social brunch to wake everyone up after the Saturday night after-party, then we'll move into a business panel before lunch where you'll be able to ask questions of several local agency owners. The afternoon will consist of two tracks of speakers, as well as a workshop room and a contribute room.
- The workshop room will be run by the awesome James Tryon and Zac Gordon. They'll have some additional helpers with the goal of doing hands-on training. You'll get a quick presentation on doing something in WordPress (there'll be a few topics), then time to ask questions and work together to do it yourself. The goal is to do more focused training than a regular lecture, to make sure you really get the idea down!
- The contribute room will have bona fide WordPress celebrities - Mark Jaquith, Aaron Holbrook and Pippin Williamson - working with attendees that want to give back to the WordPress project. You'll get training on how to work with trac and core, as well as submitting patches. If coding isn't your thing, there's also room for designers and UI/UX, as well as content contributors for the Codex and handbooks.
- Saturday night will have an after party, which we're still working out, but will be very close to the venue. Some drinks and snacks will be provided but we'll also have info on restaurants nearby for dinner.
I look forward to seeing plenty of you in November at Rosen. Let's make this the biggest year yet!
Adam W. Warner and Your WordCamp Organizers