Sarasota WordPress Users Meetup Group Message Board › Need Input on a WP edit issue...

Need Input on a WP edit issue...

Cynthia A.
user 13392523
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 1
Hello all and thank you for reading this...

I am in the process of applying a couple "really simple" edits to a WP site that someone else built (with a pretty bad theme and a pretty ugly layout). See links at bottom.

The site is live so I created a copy of the page I needed to edit, edited the copy and viewed it. The nav bar/header in the copy did something weird (my edits had nothing to do with the header). The issue has to do with spacing.

So, to backtrack.... I made a fresh copy of the original page to walk thru the edits and find out when the nav bar/header freaked out. Much to my surprise, the nav bar was corrupted in the fresh copy..... BEFORE applying any edits. . All I did was go to Pages ---> Edit ---> copied all the content in the text version of the editor of the live page ----> Pages ---> Add new ---> Paste content ---> Save ---> Publish

I have wracked my brain trying to explain this and am at a loss... and I am a now bit afraid to touch the live page. Does anyone have any thoughts? I am happy to pay for your time.

Any input is greatly appreciated and thank you kindly for reading this....
Cynthia-

ORIG PAGE:

http://wonderboybaseb...­

FRESH COPY OF THE PAGE - NO EDITS:
http://wonderboybaseb...­
Emily S.
user 13233391
Sarasota, FL
Hi Cynthia,

I'm looking at the two pages, and I'm not seeing the difference between the two. The navigation seems to be functioning fine, unless you fixed it already. Is there something else that I'm not seeing?
Cynthia A.
user 13392523
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 2
Thank you kindly, Emily, for taking a look.....

I am thinking I am wasting your time here because this design is screwy and it needs work. He is not paying me to fix his site, only to make shopping cart edits and I don't really want to touch this.

Just to answer your question: I found that the wackiness was only happening in FF, not any of the other browsers.... and what was happening was that the menu bar wrapping to a 2nd line.

Are you adept at WP? If this person needs more advanced editing eventually, I might want to refer him to someone else. Does that interest you?

Let me know and thank you again, Emily.... so much.

Cheers....
Cynthia-

Emily S.
user 13233391
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 2
Cynthia -
If he's only paying you to add items to the cart then, I would agree don't create more work for yourself. I am certainly adept to WP. Adam and I share and refer jobs to each other. Please feel free to refer him to me if your client needs some additional assistance.
Christopher A.
user 64156142
Sarasota, FL
Hi Cynthia,

I Have seen this type of issue once before with a wordpress theme framework (though the issue was not isolated to FF). For me, after the client added a new page I had to rearrange pages in the navigation structure because the client had it set up all sorts of random.

Here are some thoughts I had:

- Was the layout in FF fine prior to your changes? It could be an issue that pre-dates your participation in the project.

- Did you save the copy page under the "products" parent page? If not, then maybe that created another parent page in the navigation, extended the necessary horizontal space.

Good Luck.... and if you find the answer, please let us all know! :)

Christopher