Yara
user 5730381
New York, NY
Post #: 10

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi it's Kristian here. Just a question, what does this picture mean? Because I don't know and I have been trying to fugue it out. Please can you help me with this....

Thank you,

kristian
Tony S.
grungerboy
New York, NY
Post #: 14
Hi it's Kristian here. Just a question, what does this picture mean? Because I don't know and I have been trying to fugue it out. Please can you help me with this....

Thank you,

kristian

What the picture implies, is that since Jesus died about 2000 years ago, when crucifixtions were in style and since that was the method that he was executed, then Christians wear the symbol of the cross to represent that death that he underwent. However, the picture is poking fun at that scenario, by stating "what if" Jesus had died 20 years ago when Electric chair executions were the style? Then Christians would be wearing the symbol of the electric chair instead?

So it's basically poking fun at the whole concept of wearing a symbol of death around one's neck, cause whether it's a cross, or electric chair, it's still grim to wear a symbol of death for fashion/religious purposes.

I hope this answers your question.
~Tony
A former member
Post #: 3

Thanks for the reply Tony. I understand now.Very funny.... I was trying to figure it out all weekend with no luck. I find it strange too that Christian's wear the cross because back in that period all common criminals were nailed to a cross.

Also food for thought, why did they use the cross as a method of death? Why not use a knife to slit the throat of Jesus and let the body fall in that same spot, as many solders of "Clan of Able" used that practise when slaughtering "Clan of Cain" village people within there own homes.

Thanks

kristian
Yara
user 5730381
New York, NY
Post #: 12

why did they use the cross as a method of death? Why not use a knife to slit the throat of Jesus and let the body fall in that same spot, as many solders of "Clan of Able" used that practise when slaughtering "Clan of Cain" village people within there own

Since Jesus Christ was executed for a political purposes
and one of the goals that political rulers at that time wanted to achieve:
obviously was to make "flock of sheep" get scared, behave better /and law reinforcement -
the execution needed to be very cruel and very grandious.

(I think so)
A former member
Post #: 4
Yeah, your right....... I did some research into this and they used the symbol of the cross because the shape was perfect for limiting oxygen to the brain.

Crucifixion was an especially horrible, tortuous form of execution. The victim was positioned such that the arms were spread out, and the feet were placed on a downward-sloping platform. When the person was placed erect (such as upright on a cross), the victim's body essentially interfered with its own breathing.

Specifically, the person's legs would soon tire from standing on the slopnig platform; as the person rested his legs his body would assume a position that made it difficult to breathe, since the arms were spread. So, the victim faced a difficult choice: breathe, while the legs continued to tire, or rest the legs, and not be able to breathe.

In fact, the form of death for a person who has been crucified was asphyxiation -- a lack of oxygen to the brain. In an act of humanity, the judge who ordered the crucificaxion could, if the victim was still alive, order a guard to break the victim's legs; this would speed death since the victim now could not stand up to breathe.

The victim could be "attached" to the cross in a couple of ways: they could be tied to the cross, or they could be nailed to the cross. It was generally seen that nailing the victim to the cross was humiliating, and more painful in the short-term. (Ironically, the case can be made that nailing is actually more humane, since a person nailed to the cross generally died quicker than a person who was tied to the cross.

However, what the followers of Christ did to daughters of Cain was 100 times worse. Jesus got off lightly...

Kristian
Yara
user 5730381
New York, NY
Post #: 13
However, what the followers of Christ did to daughters of Cain was 100 times worse. Jesus got off lightly...

Do you have a link to the page, where I can read about it, maybe?

p.s. Its still arguing among historians if Jesus ever existed, since there is no 100% evidence about it, so far.
A former member
Post #: 5
I was having the debate at work about this topic and some of my colleges went to get some information for myself concerning the methods used. Forensic Medicine and Ophthalmology books are great to understand what these poor souls had to endure..

Also, a great book by Frederick Zugibe a forensic pathologist which is called "The Crucifixion of Jesus". The information I inserted above I sourced also from wiki. Before I posted I asked some colleges from work what they thought of these methods and all seemed to agree that oxygen deprivation was really a big from of torture back in those days. So I posted on the board. I could be wrong and if I am please feel free to correct me as I like to learn from my mistakes ( which are quite often).

Ref: The Crucifixion of Jesus: A Forensic Inquiry - (2005)
The Cross and the Shroud: A Medical Inquiry into the Crucifixion - (1998)

Website http://www.e-forensic...­.

However, these are all theories to be proved wrong. And yes, there's no proof that Jesus existed but as a Luciferian; he did exist, my opinion only.

Than you

kristian
Aldo S.
user 38758382
New York, NY
Post #: 2
LOL where can i get one of those
A former member
Post #: 18
The cross spins off from the Egyptian Ankh, which is a symbol of life. The irony was that people died on a symbol of life.

There is some dispute if a cross is always used in crucifixion, as people have been crucified on trees by the Romans.

Crucifixion as suggested in a previous post is a harsh slow death. At least by Electric Chair death is fast, in less than a minute.

Electric Chair is mainly a death method preferred by USA, other nations favoured hanging, beheading and firing squad.

There is no evidence that Jesus existed. There is strong evidence that Jesus was a secret Jewish mystery cult that spun off from Mithras and Osiris/Horus mystery cults. It is easy for a story to take on a manifestation as a real person, this happens all the time in the modern era, where an internet hoax is believed to be a real story by the media.