NYC Satanists, Luciferians, Dark Pagans, and LHP Occultists Message Board Announcements › Hurricane/"Superstorm" Sandy and our upcoming meeting (November 8,

Hurricane/"Superstorm" Sandy and our upcoming meeting (November 8, we hope)

Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 685
Hi everyone,

To help all of us get back on our feet after the storm, here's the latest detailed info about the restoration of NYC's mass transit system, for those of you who haven't seen this yet:

First, on the Gothamist website, Here's The New Sandy Subway Map Showing Limited Subway Service, displayed in a few different file formats. The limited subway service begins tomorrow, November 1.

For more details about mass transit recovery in general and what is being restored when, see the front page of the MTA site.

I'm hoping that, by next week Thursday (November 8), enough of NYC's transit system will be restored that most of us can attend our meeting on that date without any huge hassle. I hope we won't need to postpone the meeting AGAIN. We'll see. A decision will be made by next week Monday (November 5) evening at the very latest, sooner than that if possible.

Most likely, we WILL be meeting on November 8.

Stay strong,

Diane Vera
Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 686
P.S. More transportation info, including bridge/tunnel/highway info for people using cars, can be found on the NYC Severe Weather page, which also has info about things like where/how to apply for federal disaster assistance if your property was damaged.
Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 687
Here is a Transit Tracker page updated by WNYC. Contains info about which trains, busses, etc. are running. Includes updates about all NYC metro area mass transit.
Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 688
This Wall Street Journal article contains info about which of the still not-running subway lines will be restored when.
Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 691
We WILL be meeting on Thursday, November 8. Please RSVP here if you are interested and can attend.
A former member
Post #: 691
Hello
Just found out the trains I have to take are running not completely normal, but close enough for me to get to the meeting! See you all there!
Dark Blessings, Alexandra Morrigan Raven
Tony S.
grungerboy
New York, NY
Post #: 17
Hey everyone.

I will try to make it to the meeting, but I rely on the L train to get into Manhattan from where I live in Brooklyn.

Right now, the L train is only running between East NY in Brooklyn, to Canarsie and is currently not running all the way into the city.

So if the L train isnt restored by Thurs, then I will unfortunately not be able to attend if that is the case.

However if the L is up and running again to Manhattan, then I will be there.

Take care.
~Tony
Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 692
Here is a New York Times article about the L and G trains and why it has taken so long to restore service to those trains in particular: Some Brooklyn Riders Are Left Behind in Revival of the Subway System. Here also are relevant Wall Street Journal and Daily News stories.

I hope the L will be back tomorrow.

P.S.: Here's another Daily News story, with more about the L train, from Tuesday.
Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 693
Yes, our meeting this week (Thursday, November 8) WILL still be happening. The storm is already past its most intense phase and should be pretty much over with by tomorrow afternoon. The weather will still be chilly, mostly cloudy, and somewhat windy but not to any dangerous degree anymore. So I see no reason to cancel the meeting. Everyone, please just be dressed for cold and windy weather when you go out tomorrow.

See the latest updates from the MTA on which subways are now running to what places. Most subway service has been restored, though not quite all of it.
Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 694