Mountain View, CA
* Jetlore was founded by two Stanford PhDs, VC-funded
* We have developed sophisticated nlp/machine learning algorithms to infer the semantic meaning of millions of social posts a day in order to provide better analytics, more fine-grained user profiles, and next generation semantic search
* We're making our technology available via an API (see demo) so we have a clear monetization path.
* We also have a consumer app, Qwhisper, which uses our technology to categorize and semantically index a user's feeds to allow her to get to the topics that interest here more easily
What we're looking for
A strong passion for solving tough problems and harnessing lots of knowledge from social feeds to help users and companies make better informed decisions
* very strong development experience (3+ or equivalent), Scala experience a plus
* MS/PhD preferred, not required
* exposure to large-scale nlp/machine learning preferred, not required
* experience with any of aws, lift, mongo, redis, hbase, hadoop, spark, finagle, storm a plus
What you get:
* the opportunity to make "social", "big data", "semantic search" and other abused buzzwords truly mean something for millions of people
* all the standard startup perks (free lunch/dinner, shiny new mbp, top-of-line health ins, and more!)
* with fewer than 10 employees, you'll get lots of growth opportunities and a nice chunk of equity
Email your resume/links to jobs@<company name linked above>.com or you can email me directly: iz@<company name>.com.