Palo Alto, CA
Senior Back-End Software Engineer
Location: Mill Valley, CA
Our Client, is a private equity firm with offices in Mill Valley, Crested Butte, London and Amsterdam. As a private equity firm we own several different business that fall under three business lines including Real Estate, Destination Experiences and Technology Ventures.
We are looking to hire a full time Senior Software Engineer into our Technology Ventures Group based in Mill Valley, CA. The Technology Ventures group is the team that manages all of the technology (custom software, applications, websites and infrastructure) for each of our businesses.
We also have a team of programmers developing innovative software applications for our own use and in some cases for resale. We're looking for a team member to help us across all projects but primarily to help us develop custom software apps for a project were currently working on called PLM.
PLM, or the Personal Life Manager, is a business and personal tool that we plan on using internally and eventually reselling as a product. PLM is a graphically rich interface that ties together tools for communication (email, chat, im/sms and voip), financials, document management, property management, control systems and more.
Joining our small team of developers, you will be a principal engineer in the business and your role will grow rapidly as the company grows. We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate, and experienced senior software engineer with deep technical expertise and extensive, hands-on development experience to join our team. We value having fun and learning as the most important thing and are looking for employees to help us grow with some exciting opportunities. Compensation is competitive and commiserates with experience.
* Expert level Java / Scala or Ruby or similar dynamic interpreted languages
* Experience working with and developing APIs
* Solid understanding of REST and how they are applied to APIs
* Feels at home in a UNIX environment.
* Attention to detail, self-motivated, and able to work in a team environment.
Nice to Have Skills:
* Experience with MVC frameworks like ROR or Play.
* No SQL data stores, preferably MongoDB.
* Good understanding of security in the context of the Internet.
* Experience with GIT revision control system.
* Push technologies such as Comet, long polling, web sockets, etc.
* Experience integrating video to the web (players, formats, etc).
* Experience working in virtual hosting environments such as VMWare.
-o Stu Needels
-o Managing Principal
-o 508-628-3600 (o) x121
-o 508-789-3990 (m)
Connect via LinkedIn: