In order for your presentation to be listed on the event page, you need to provide:
- Two or three sentences about the subject matter you want to present. If you need help finding the right words, the meetup organizers would be happy to help. Your writeup can include HMTL, such as the URL for a GitHub project.
- A sentence or two for your bio. Please do not provide your resume, and the bio should not read like marketing hype.
- An indication of how much time you would like (5 minutes to 1.5 hours).
- Target audience level of expertise.
- Optional: a 100x100 pixel image (photo of you or an image relating to your presentation).
Scheduled presenters will be allocated a length of time for their presentation, and for questions. In the event that the audience does not ask questions, we may ask you to fill the remainder of your time by discussing FAQs, or to discuss some aspect of your presentation in greater detail.
Would be good if you could first present your talk privately to coworkers, your significant other, etc before presenting to the group.
Normally BASE meetings occur on the 2nd Monday of every month.
We will ask for your slides, or for the URL of where your slides may be found.
It is most helpful if you would run video capture software on your computer while presenting. This will allow us to produce a video with you, your slides and your live coding session, with audio. Software that we have found works well includes Camtasia
, QuickTime Recorder, Debut Capture
We recommend that you run the video capture software when you rehearse.Your presentation may be recorded and might be streamed live; by presenting you implicitly give us permission to make a recording, edit it as we see fit and make it available at no charge to the public. The video will be copyrighted by Bay Area Scala Enthusiasts and branded as such, and made available on our YouTube channel.
We can arrange for someone to pick up speakers from most points around the SF Bay area, so they can be driven to the event and returned. Please be sure to let us know well in advance if you would like us to make transportation arrangements for you.
Thank you for your contribution!
This document is in the public domain.