Scala User Group - Berlin Brandenburg Message Board › How about a meetup soon?

How about a meetup soon?

Piyush P.
user 16997571
Group Organizer
Berlin, DE
Post #: 13
Hi,

A very happy new year to everyone.

After the intensive weekly meetups to follow the coursera functional programming, we haven't had a meetup in a while. How about a meetup next month?

Any volunteers for talks?

@RobertMagnus I remember you wanted to present something on Play 2.
@MartinKonicek something to add to the interview?

We can also start a series on doing some exercises from http://www.manning.co...­

Cheers
Piyush
Stefan W.
user 31962642
Berlin, DE
Post #: 5
Well, I'm much in favor for a meetup next <strike> week </strike> month.

And FPiS would be an interesting theme.
Robert M.
user 44292462
Berlin, DE
Hi

I can present a litte play application we wrote for a customer. Its a web application, including twitter bootstrap, play 2 (with anorm) and ci with jenkins including tests.

Tobias N.
user 77657802
Berlin, DE
Post #: 1
Hi I am new to Berlin and therefore the SUGB but I would like to attend and get to know the local Scala community. If needed I could also contribute with some of my experiences in the Scala/Akka/Play world :).
Piyush P.
user 16997571
Group Organizer
Berlin, DE
Post #: 14
Great,

Robert would you like to prepare a talk of about 30-40 minutes for the next meetup? Tobias you can share your experiences and a view from the Trenches after that.

Venue: Any suggestions?

Date: Sometime in the first week of February?
Robert M.
user 44292462
Berlin, DE
Post #: 6
Hi

Yes, I'll prepare a talk including some live demos (if we have internet connection ;)).

I would prefer 13. Feb. but 6. Feb. would be also ok for me.

Phil C.
user 8578935
Berlin, DE
Post #: 2
Yo all!

After a crazy semester I'm back to being able to make it for use groups. I have an idea for a talk, either 20 or 40 mins. It would be about how our recent projects using Scala and Clojure changed my perspective on how to structure programs in a functional language —or at least in those two languages.

Either way, SoundCloud is happy to host the event at our Rosenthaler Str. office, or maybe sponsor some more accessible venue.
Piyush P.
user 16997571
Group Organizer
Berlin, DE
Post #: 15
13th sounds great.. Let us start assembly at 19:00hrs and start with Roberts talk around 19:30hrs.. I have another
appointment on that day so hope to be there in time.

@Phil you are welcome to present that talk. Soundcloud would be an excellent host. Could you please arrange things for the meetup. Thanks

As we have many talks lined up let us keep the FPiS for later.
A former member
Are you going to create a new official meetup event or is this a secret one? *g*
Piyush P.
user 16997571
Group Organizer
Berlin, DE
Post #: 16
@Stephan I am waiting for Phil for the confirmation ..

@Phil can you confirm the date and the time and also do the honors of creating the meetup with the correct venue? Thanks.