addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Scala Developers Barcelona Message Board › Our first meetup retrospective

Our first meetup retrospective

Jose R.
joseraya
Group Organizer
Barcelona, ES
Post #: 2
Hy guys,

This friday we were supposed to have our first meetup but, in the end, we did not meet because we were so few people. As I am new in this meetup stuff I could use some help in order to improve the process. I would like you to ask a very simple question:

Why didn't you come? What could I have done to make you come?

Thanks in advance,

Jose.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Jose,

In my case, something unexpected popped up so no problem with the group and its topic... :'-( Sorry about that!

Best,
Germán.
Ignasi M.
user 39449372
Barcelona, ES
Post #: 1
Hi Jose,

I don't think anything is wrong in how the meeting was setup.

Answering to your specific question, I just happened to have some family business on that Friday. In my case, Friday is usually the best day of the week (maybe during summer this might change).

Alternatives I an come up with right now could be asking for peolples availability (doodle e.g) but in my experience that ends up nowhere. Majority will end up imposing a given dag of the week causing a minority to never attend meetings. I think the only consideration in the long term is to not meet always on Friday/Tuesday/Fooday. As I said earlier I think the meetng request was ok.

Thanks for setting it up and also for asking in a 'retrspective' ("The Agile is strong ij you!" Yoda)

Ignasi