Event Guidelines - for everyone!
If you're attending an event:
- Please RSVP at least a few hours in advance, preferably a few days.
- If your RSVP is "yes," please go to the event to respect the time the organizer invested in planning it.
- If you find you can no longer make it, please change your RSVP to "no." Not only does this help the event host, but it also helps places like restaurants/etc take better care of us!
- Be nice, try to talk to everyone at least once, and have fun!
If you're creating/hosting
- If you create an event, go to the event.
- Please give thought to how much advance notice you need to provide.
- Very clearly state the cost, if applicable. Try not to put your own money at risk if you can help it.
- During the event, keep the peace and make sure everyone is involved.
- Be prepared to stay for the whole time and don't be discouraged at low attendance at first.
if you or someone you are affiliated with is posting this event on another meetup page or other event website, all links need to be included on the meetup announcement here so members that are attending will be able to get in contact with the event host and other attendees.
Our events are ONLY for recreation. Please do not post any events that directly or indirectly benefit you (such as paid or free events that you host for professional and/or philanthropic benefit and so on). Events that are for a group you're a part of will be looked at on a case by case basis and it is best to contact an organizer first before posting!
I encourage people to create meetups! The idea is to have core events and let members schedule fun and neat things outside of those. Please contribute! :-)