addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Scentsational Dogs in the Redwood City Area Message Board › Some topics related to our first 2 meetups

Some topics related to our first 2 meetups

Sue P.
user 54775982
Group Organizer
Redwood City, CA
Hi Everyone,

There are several topics related to getting together to learn about, and also to try out a Nose Work game.
Wondering what some of you might be thinking?
We may wish to make some changes in future meetups.

Most of the members wanted to find out more about K9 Nose Work.
As an introduction to K9 Nose Work, a larger meetup/get together is possible with a demonstration format.
After the demo, members will get to try out a Nose Work game with their dogs.

Note: All members learn Nose Work skills by watching other dogs and handlers, as well as by participating with their own dog(s).

Please note:
These first two meetups were originally scheduled to be held at an INDOOR location.
Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control,
at the last moment, this location was not available.

Therefore, I will decide on a quiet location, where we can meet instead.

Since we are meeting early in the morning, we may meet at one of a number of quiet locations.

Please Note:
We will NOT play beginning Nose Work games on vegetated locations.
If outdoors, we will be using QUIET, PAVED locations.
Due to the possibility of parks being busy in the summer,
I may select other locations to meet.

It will be very helpful to know
how many members are coming, and
how many will be bringing multiple dogs.

Please note:
I have found that it helps handlers and their dogs to focus on playing Nose Work games when at Nose Work events/trainings. This helps the dogs know whether they are at a social event to play with other dogs, or whether they are there for Nose Work training.
A Nose Work meetup is NOT a time for your dogs to meet and greet other dogs. Social get togethers can be scheduled with other member outside of meetups.

I look forward to hearing from more members.
Please feel free to share ideas, questions, and any possible concerns.

I am looking forward to our first two meetups.

Sue