align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Scentsational Dogs in the Redwood City Area Message Board › A hearty Welcome to all members!

A hearty Welcome to all members!

Sue P.
user 54775982
Group Organizer
Redwood City, CA
We had a wonderful time at our first meetup for Scentsational Dogs! I'm glad everyone attending got to learn more about K9 Nose Work, as well as got to practice a beginning Nose Work game! A great bonus for our group was that Aaron took lots of photos and posted them for our group. Remember you can get together with other people to practice nose work games. Nose Work is new for lots of people. It is your responsibility to make sure that other people understand how to make this game fun for your dog! I only let people play games with my dog if they understand how to make it a wonderful experience for my dog. The key will be your dog's attitude.

Remember that the joy in NoseWork comes from seeing your dog get that magic feeling, and watching your dog's excitement grow when participating in Nose Work games! The sight of the boxes will become a cue to your dog, that the fabulous sport of Nose Work is on. Please feel free to share publicly or privately about how Nose Work games are going with your dogs. It's important to get feedback so that your fun and success will be optimal.

Anyone is welcome to share thoughts about this meetup, and ideas for future meetups, as well. As the group gows larger, I'd like to offer a wider range of opportunities for people with various levels of Nose Work experience.

Please remember that the most important goal in Nose Work is to have fun with you and your dog!

By the way, I have long been dog lover and dog trainer. However I am still working on tech challenges. Please feel free to share ideas and info with me as I learn the ins and outs of meetup tech stuff.

Thanks again for to everyone for attending with your dogs! I am looking forward to many new Nose Work meetups in the future.

Sue