The Philadelphia Sci-Fi Meetup Group Message Board › Philadelphia Sci-Fi Meetup Group - Looking For A New Owner

Philadelphia Sci-Fi Meetup Group - Looking For A New Owner

Andy
user 9919853
Woodbury, NJ
Hi folks!

I took over the group when the previous owner couldn't support it any more, and now I find myself in the same boat. I just don't have the time to organize events, and the group deserves better.

I'd like to hand the group off to someone who will take the ball and run with it. Membership stands at 422, so there's a lot of potential out there.

Ever had delusions of grandeur? Wanted to organize fun sci-fi related events for folks that share your love of the genre? This is your big chance!

Message me through my Meetup profile if interested..

Thanks,

Andy

PS. If no takers by then, I'll be stepping down before New Years and let the chips fall where they may.
A former member
Post #: 19
Andy --

To do a respectful job of it, how much time would the group require? Also, did or does the group do anything besides book club?

Thanks,

Randy
Andy
user 9919853
Woodbury, NJ
Post #: 114
Good question, Randy. The time thing is relative. I would have liked to do maybe 2-3 events a month, but am already spread too thin and haven't been able to; as a result, I've mostly let the group serve as an extra outlet for the local book clubs.
One you own the group, you can do as much or as little with it as you like. Social events, movies, book clubs, etc.

Andy