As of July 24 -- REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Come spend the night at Silcox Hut for a special Star Party! Treat yourself to an unobstructed view of the a moonless sky from 7,000 feet with astronomy expert Alex Cason. Staying at Silcox is enough of a treat all by itself, but the night sky from there will be truly fantastic.
When: Saturday night, July 26, 2014. Arrive at Timberline Lodge on Saturday, July 26 by 3:15pm, checkout on Sunday, July 27 at 10:00am
Where: Silcox Hut, Mt. Hood
Cost: $165 per person, ages 18+ only. Includes star party with astronomy expert, transportation between Timberline and Silcox Hut, food, and access to the pool and hot tub at Timberline Lodge. This fee does not cover any alcohol or bedding. REGISTER HERE
What you get:
- A night’s stay and star party at Oregon’s highest hotel room
- Dinner and breakfast
- Transportation to and from Silcox Hut from Timberline Lodge
- Access to the pool, hot tub, showers, and sauna at Timberline on Monday and Tuesday
- There is LIMITED AVAILABILITY for this trip with a maximum of 22 people.
- Adults only, ages 18 and over please.
- The sleeping accommodations are bunk beds in semi-open rooms with curtain doors, so there is not much sound privacy for sleeping (or any other nocturnal activities). Hence the suggestion below to bring earplugs.
- We will be served dinner and breakfast, and the food is amazing! The default meal choice is an omnivorous diet, but there are vegetarian and allergen-free options. Please let me know if you have special food needs.
- There will be no showers at Silcox on Sunday morning, though there are showers available down the hill at Timberline.
- Transportation from Portland (or elsewhere) to and from Timberline is NOT included, but we can try to help arrange carpools.
- Transportation from Timberline to and from Silcox Hut is provided (it’s a mile up the mountain), though you are welcome to hike up and/or down if you prefer.
- I don’t control the weather, so there’s a chance that it could be cloudy. There’s nothing we can do about that except hope for the best!
Payment of $165 per person is due upon registration, first come, first served. Online registration and payment can be made online through Seat Engine, or in person by cash, check, or credit card. Contact us for details.
- Participants who have to cancel are highly encouraged to find a replacement
- The $165 per person payment is fully refundable if canceled at least 15 calendar days in advance
- If canceled between 10-15 calendar days in advance, 50% of the payment will be refunded
- If canceled 1-10 calendar days in advance, no payment will be refunded
- No amount will be refunded on account of weather and/or bad visibility
- Warm clothes for stargazing at 7,000 feet
- Bring bedding (sleeping bag) and pillow -- you may want to bring your sleeping bag outside for star gazing
- Earplugs for sleeping
- Clothes, PJs, and toiletries (we’re all adults, you can figure out what you need for overnight)
- Telescopes (optional)
- Card or board games to play in the lodge (optional)
- Blankets or chairs to sit on while stargazing (optional)