This group will interest thoughtful men and women who want to:
• apply the wisdom of the ages to modern living;
• connect with the underlying unity amidst the diversity of life;
• experience stillness, peace and joy while participating in the hustle and bustle of daily activities.
The group is not for profit and has two main aims with two associated classes of membership:
1. To provide a forum where like-minded people can communicate and explore philosophical ideas. There will be a meeting of these "Regular Members" roughly once a month (less often in summer), with a topical presentation followed by a buffet meal and discussion. There are no membership fees for Regular Members but there will be a meeting charge of $15/person to defray cost of obtaining meeting space. Currently we meet at the Paradise Bakery at Gainey Village, Scottsdale, which charges a room fee plus a minimum of $150 for food.
2. To promote classes offered by the School of Philosophy and Meditation. These practical classes range from a 6-week introductory course which covers basic principles and techniques, to more advanced courses offering instruction in human development and meditation. People interested in this aspect of the group will join as "Student Members." For initial students, the membership fee of $75 will include the 6 introductory sessions. Please visit http://www.azphilosophy.org for more details.
*** Special Offer *** Members who attend a regular meeting and sign up as Student Members will receive a $15 discount off the membership dues - who says there's no such thing as a free lunch - I mean, dinner?