addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Scuba Adventures- Carmichael Message Board › Feather River Salmon Dive video. See what happens at the end. Enjoy!

Feather River Salmon Dive video. See what happens at the end. Enjoy!

Vida M.
MtbjnkyV
Folsom, CA
Post #: 136
Hello again,

Here's a short 2 min vid of our dive with the Salmon on 9/8/12, esp for those who have not dove here yet but would like to. Fall is best before they open the fish ladder in mid Sept. The dive site has a nice little parking area for gearing up just below the Nature Center and a fairly easy entry into the water. Most salmon swarm at a depth of about 10-15 ft prior to the Barrier Dam. It's an easy "day-trip" dive when you can't get to warm waters or Monterey.

http://www.youtube.co...­

Hugs and Happy Diving!
V~
A former member
Post #: 273
Cool! All the years I've dove there, I've got close to the salmon (a foot or so under the Fish Barrier Dam); but, that has never happened to me! Looks like the number of salmon have increased in the past week!

It looked like a female salmon ...
A former member
Post #: 274
Vida,

You come up with some of the best songs for the river videos! "Somewhere beyond the sea ..." really great idea! I would have never thought of that; but, how appropriate ....

Robert
A former member
Post #: 307
A group of divers will be there today around 1pm and next Sunday, Sept. 15, around 9 am. The fish ladder opens Sept. 16th and the number of salmon dwindle down about 500 per week. By the last week of October or first week of November, the salmon will all be gone (harvested) .... you might see some steelhead in the river; but, it won't be like the salmon run. By Feb., everything gone ... and I used to have to dive in a full 3 mil. suit; cause, the water temps get into the forties (snow melt) ...
A former member
Post #: 310
This Saturday and Sunday ... 14th & 15th will be best time to dive. Fish Ladder opens on the 16th ...