Scuba Adventures- Carmichael Message Board › Polar Bear Dive Location

Polar Bear Dive Location

Curt W.
user 9616217
Group Organizer
Orangevale, CA
Post #: 27
I looked at Folsom Lake (pond) last week. I dived it and found little visibility so I ended up saying the polar bear dive will be at Negro Bar.
Robert B.
scubadiverbob
Chico, CA
Post #: 321
I thought they (PG&E and DWR) had drained Folsom Lake just like they did Lake Oroville to send water to fill swimming pools in So. Cal. How was the mud? (just joking)....

I've never been to Negro Bar. Can you post a map? How far is it from Sacto? What are expected water temps (I usually use a 3 mil shorty if above 54 degrees) .... What is there to see at Negro Bar?

Still have to clean my DA Aquamaster from going to Monterey. It's disassembled; but, someone has been sorta lazy!

Robert
Robert B.
scubadiverbob
Chico, CA
Post #: 325
http://local.yahoo.co...­ Is this the location? Don't see a lake on the map ...
Robert B.
scubadiverbob
Chico, CA
Post #: 326
Let me know if that's the location ... and time to be there.
Curt W.
user 9616217
Group Organizer
Orangevale, CA
Post #: 28
Hi Robert, Negro Bar is part of lake Natomas. Negro Bar is a State Park that is located on the east end of the lake right before you go into Folsom (the town). If you are coming up I80 headed to Sacramento take the Madison Ave exit, go east. It's about 7 miles past the shop (Scuba World) on the south side of the road. If you cross rainbow bridge you went to far. We will meet at the boat ramp. I will have generators for people to plug in their crock pots etc.

See you Wednesday!