align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo
This Meetup is cancelled

CANCELLED....Manic Monday La Jolla Shores Dusk Dive

  • La Jolla Shores

    2116 Vallecitos St., La Jolla, CA (map)

    32.855318 -117.257390

  • Meet near the flag pole! I drive a white yukon and hopefully will be parked in the "green zone"! If you can't make it..please text to let me know!! [masked]

  • No more worries about whether you're gonna make it to the beach before it goes dark! Let's go on a one tank dive and then enjoy the setting sun! 

    IN-WATER TIME:  ~6:15 pm.

    All divers are welcome. This will be a 1-tank Day/Night dive, so don't forget your dive lights for the return trip back in. If you don't have a dive buddy, not a problem. There will be somebody to buddy up with. Just ask around...don't be shy...we're a friendly group!


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    ADMIN STUFF:

    The Virtual Donation Jar will be out (for the Meetup site costs and general fund). It's strictly voluntary, but is very much appreciated and needed:  DONATION JAR

    If you have not filled out a liability release for Power Scuba Meetup, please follow this link to the file, print, sign and bring to the event, along with your C-Card (scuba certification card). You only need to do this once a year:  Liability Release and Assumption of Risk

    You must also read this: Disclaimer and Clarification... AKA Terms and Conditions

    Anyone with a medical condition possibly counter-indicitive to diving must have a doctors signature on a diving waiver form and submit signed form to Bill Powers (or an organizer) before they may attend any Power Scuba event. YOU MAY NOT ATTEND AN EVENT WITH AN UNDISCLOSED MEDICAL CONDITION. Doing so is grounds for expulsion from the group. Here is our medical statement: Medical Statement Therein you'll find a Doctor Waiver form as well.

    Attending any scuba event Power Scuba facilitates constitutes attendee's affirmation they are medically fit to dive, have read the Terms and Conditions, and have submitted a signed Liability Release to an organizer.

    Important Note: It is not the organizer's role to lead your dive. He/she merely facilitates you getting to the pre-dive meeting location. The Organizer will not assign you a buddy nor will he/she be leading the dive as a "group dive". Visibility and liability do not allow for that. Nor will the Organizer tell you whether you are skilled enough to make any particular dive. That is for you (only) to decide. When you enter the water, you (and your buddy) are on your own. You must plan and execute your dive with your dive buddy only. Once members arrive at the meeting spot, the Organizer becomes simply another diver.

    Power Scuba bears no responsibility or liability for a member's loss (gas, airfare, hotel fees, etc) in the event of a cancelled event.

    Your participation constitutes your affirmation you agree to these above rules and disclaimers.... and that your buddy(s) (if applicable) has read and agrees to the same.

Join or login to comment.

  • Jason P.

    This dive is cancelled due to conditions.....Mother Nature isn't playing nice

    April 8, 2013

  • Clinton A.

    Hhhmmm...
    Was hoping for the Cardiff Dive this past Saturday, now this forecast... Is it me???

    From the NWS:
    A GALE WARNING FOR THE OUTER
    WATERS GOES INTO EFFECT EARLY MONDAY MORNING. HAVE ADDED THE INNER
    COASTAL WATERS TO THE GALE WARNING AS WELL...AS IT NOW APPEARS THAT
    THEY WILL BE IMPACTED WITH 35 KNOT WIND GUSTS. PLEASE SEE LAXMWWSGX
    FOR MORE DETAILS ON THE EXPECTED CONDITIONS. WINDS AND SEAS WILL
    SLOWLY LOWER TUESDAY.

    THE AFOREMENTIONED LARGE NORTHWEST SWELL WILL ALSO CREATE STRONG RIP
    CURRENTS AND SURF OF 5 TO 9 FEET ALONG WEST-FACING BEACHES MONDAY
    INTO TUESDAY. A HIGH SURF ADVISORY HAS BEEN ISSUED...AND GOES INTO
    EFFECT MONDAY MORNING. SURF SHOULD FALL BELOW 7 FEET BY TUESDAY
    AFTERNOON AS THE SWELL LOWERS.

    April 7, 2013

  • Clinton A.

    Driving from South Bay after work-should be there by 6

    April 7, 2013

  • Chris S.

    Been out of the water the past few months... This sounds like just what I need :)
    Will do my best to be there.

    April 2, 2013

  • Josh

    I'll be there.

    March 29, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    Just put new batteries in my torch, and checked my tank light, so I should be good to go! Need a buddy. Attendance depends on surf conditions, though...

    March 29, 2013

Cancelled

Our Sponsors

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Start the perfect Meetup for you

We'll help you find just the right people

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy